Experiences with MC and hemorrhage?

BunnyN

Reaction score
When we found out I was having a MC we decided we would try again as soon as possible. As sad as we are and terrible as the thought of the possibility of another loss is we want another baby. Monday things got complicated. Long story short I haemorrhaged and went into shock. Thankfully I'm recovering well, just have to get my strength back. It is too soon to make any decisions but it has left a question mark over TTC. We really wanted one more but we do have two lovely LOs already.

I know every one is different but it would help to share experiences with anyone else that had a rough ride with the MC experience. I mean its awful for anyone but just looking at it from the physical point of view. How was it for you? Did you decide to TTC again? And if you did what has your experience with future pregnancies or MC been?

I lost a ton of blood due to medical management of my mmc. So much that I could not stand, and was bed ridden for 2 days. I took iron pills and prenatals after. Physically I was fine to carry another pregnancy--which I did 3 months later when I conceived my son. I was never advised otherwise. Best of luck to you, many are super fertile after a miscarriage. It is still horrible.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have had two healthy pregnancies so chances are I will have another one but I guess the experience really shook us up. OH wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

I hemhorraged after medical management and my mom and husband had to help/half carry me to the car because I could barely stand. I had an emergency D&C. I didn't need a blood transfusion thankfully and just had to have extra iron for awhile and was a little weak for a few days. We TTC immediately afterwards and got pregnant 8 cycles later and I had a good pregnancy.

Good luck!

I hemmorrhaged and had to have an emergency D&C with my MMC last year. We were advised to wait 3 cycles before trying again. I also had to take prenatals, iron pills, and antibiotics for a bit to make sure I didn't get an infection. The blood loss really took a lot out of me, and I was tired and weak for a long time afterward. However, we TTC again and caught first cycle with our rainbow who is 8 months now.
Honestly, I was worried that OH wouldn't want to try again, after watching me suffer so much, and end up in the hospital. But we talked a lot about it, and decided that we would try again. Make sure you talk to your OH, and be open and honest. At first, we both clammed up and weren't talking, but once we started talking it was much easier to heal and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->