Experiences

motherofboys

Reaction score
What's everyone's experience been TTC aged 35+?
Our last 2 babies took years to conceive and I was obviously younger then. We were TTC for 11 months but took a break earlier this year. Looking to start TTC or at least NTNP in the next few months. I'm 35, he's 53. I'm worried it simply won't happen at all.
Guess I'm looking for stories that might give me hope as I don't feel all that hopeful about it all.

Hey there! I'm happy to see some more activity in the 35+ forum!

I'm 36 and my husband is 33. This is my second marriage. I have a 10 year old daughter and two stepsons, 9 and 11 years old.

I went off birth control in October 2018 and had a chemical pregnancy in November of 2018. It was likely caused by not waiting after coming off the pill. I was upset afterwards and went back and forth about whether I should even have another one, if I was meant I only have one biological child, etc. and decided to go back on birth control until July 2020. I've been off birth control since July 2021 and had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in October 2020. I haven't had any luck since then.

I still go back and forth about whether another child is in my cards and thinking I'm probably crazy for thinking about starting over 10+ years later. Do you ladies ever feel like that?

Hi both, I’m 39 and we are planning on trying around June. My children were all conceived in my 20s and I was lucky to become pregnant very quickly with all 3. I haven’t got any experience of trying to get pregnant in my 30s but it is something that I worry about as I am so much older now.

I’ve spent the last couple of years really weighing up whether we want to start again after a decade but we’ve decided we really do want just one more try so we’re just going to go for it :D

I’m going to spend the next few months trying to loose a bit of weight and track ovulation to try and get as prepared as possible for when we try.​

Hey, good to see some others in similar situations.
I've not started again after 20 years but had 6.5 years between number 4 and 5 and parts of it were actually really nice. I had wanted all my children to be small together but having older ones and a baby has been a new dynamic to their relationships and been lovely to see. It is a factor in me wanting another though as I'd really like my youngest to have a sibling closer in age like the others all do.

Well ladies, I'm feeling hopeful today. I got what I think is a bfp today. I called the doctor's office to try to get a blood draw, but they closed before anyone could call me back.

Screenshot_20211227-173751_Gallery.jpg

Monroea that looks promising!! Fx'd!

Im 40 and have not really had troubles getting pregnant. In 2020 i had an IUD and we decided to try for one more baby so i had it removed the middle of June and by the end of August we were pregnant. We used a clear blue ovulation monitor. That pregnancy went well until my water broke at 26 weeks. I had him at 28 weeks. He is healthy but he does have down syndrome. Thats one of the risks when you are 35+.

Monroea I see that, good luck.

JAJuly2013, sorry to hear your son was born so early. Great news that he's healthy though.

I looks really promising monroea, how many DPO are you?

That’s good new that you fall pregnant quickly JAjuly2013 and that your son is healthy after an early start

I'm 12 dpo today. I just got my beta test back and my hcg is at 12.1. I go back again on Thursday.

Thanks ladies! My first beta was 12.1 and my second beta was 25.9, so it doubled! I'm waiting for the doctor to call to let me know what the plan is moving forward since I've had other losses and I'm 36 years old...

Congratulations Monroea!!
I’m 37 and currently ttc my 4th (my partners 2nd) we have a 2yo together. Been kind of trying since may but only ntnp and nothing as of yet. I had a ectopic in october 2020 with an unplanned pregnancy and lost my left tube so i’m worried it might not happen for us!
I did start tracking ovulation by using clear blue digital ovulation tests for last couple of months and i have just received my peak on day 13 so fx’d for this month!
Good luck to all ttc :)

Thanks ladies... unfortunately it didn't seem that this is a viable pregnancy. It seems to me to be ectopic, but we're waiting for more blood draws/ possibly ultrasound to verify.

12 dpo - 12.1 hcg
14 dpo - 25.9 hcg
18 dpo - 42.8 hcg

My numbers were no where near doubling this last time and my tests are not getting any darker. I go again tomorrow for my 4th beta.

Well as u know hon i had a baby at 39. My last child I had at 33 and after her i had the implant in for years. (Not the same one)
Anyway I had it took out on Jan 8th 2019 and I had just turned 39 in the Dec ( a week b4 xmas)
Feb 2019 i had my BFP so fell within 3 weeks of having the implant removed.

We strated ttc again in Feb 2020 i was 40 and I got pregnant in April' June' Julu and October but all ended in miscarriage.
Then after 11 months ttc I fell in Jan 2021 aged 41 with my now 4 month old son.

Will be ttc again in May 2022.
I'm 42 now and know my chances are slim but alot of woman are having babies in there 40s now even mid 40s . I think its more common than we think.
If u look into it u find so many success stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->