Experiment: Going without gluten UPDATE: Back on the diet plus No Lactose

Hoping the new plan helps even more! :hugs:

It took me many months to recover after going GF, so maybe just more time is needed. xx

Well, yesterday was the official end date of the experiment, 8 weeks without gluten and lactose. I am however continuing with the diet, and may at some point try some gluten, but not so likely try lactose.

What has changed?

My skin is A LOT better. My face is clearer and smoother, hasn't been like this for so many years I can't even remember. My spots on my back have gone down a lot and seem to be improving by the month, its nearly clear!

I have not had one sinusitis headache.

I have been better with my breathing

My acid reflux has been nearly gone

I eat a lot more fruit and veg (usually only organic)

I have not been eating meat in the last month, only fish.

I have still been bad eating crisps, which I often pig on, and I think that is why I have not lost any weight. I am now 62.9 kilos, and don't really need to lose much as my height is 171, though I still would like to lose round my tummy. I have lost in inches though since being on the diet.

- I don't suit the substitute pasta, after checking my food diary, every time I have it it makes me bad, and bloated. I might try normal pasta in the future.

So I am continuing with the diet, it seems ages ago when I started and it was only day 1, and now its day 62.

I am also waiting an order of some products I can have without lactose and gluten, like special sweets, chocolate and gravy.

For anyone that does not know, you can great incredible products from Schar, without gluten and without lactose, from bread to biscuits, even a panetone for christmas!

I would advice any adult that has either skin problems or sinusitis to try a diet without lactose or without gluten and lactose. However, I do warn its not easy. So many products have hidden gluten and lactose. You have to check every label, sometimes have to ring or visit websites... so many foods have one of these two substances. You need to be motivated to give you the will power to do it. So many skin problems are caused by dairy, so I do recommend it. As long as you have having a balanced diet with good fats, protein, veg, fruit, carbohydrates etc you will be fine, and you will find you eat a lot more sensibly.

I will come back to this thread when I have anything important to add, take care all XXX

:flower::flower:
hiya calm.
glad the diet is working for you. sorry to butt in when the experiment is over but blood tests do not always show up coeliac disease. Really you need a biopsy after you have been on a diet containing a good bit of gluten for at least six weeks. if your tummy is still bloated it might be that you are unknowingly having little amounts of gluten in your diet from processed food, even barley, rye and oats contain gluten.
if it is CD and there is a little bit of gluten creeping in then it is risky and can cause bowel cancer.
sorry again just thought id better say

:flower::flower:
hiya calm.
glad the diet is working for you. sorry to butt in when the experiment is over but blood tests do not always show up coeliac disease. Really you need a biopsy after you have been on a diet containing a good bit of gluten for at least six weeks. if your tummy is still bloated it might be that you are unknowingly having little amounts of gluten in your diet from processed food, even barley, rye and oats contain gluten.
if it is CD and there is a little bit of gluten creeping in then it is risky and can cause bowel cancer.
sorry again just thought id better say

I don't really have any indication of being coeliac, maybe the only problem being I didn't have much b12. But my stomach problems were not so serious at all. It was more to do with cutting out gluten to see if it improved my sinusitis. I have been told that I am very likely lactose intolerant though, even though there haven't done any tests to confirm X :flower:

So I have been without lactose and gluten since October 16th (Today is March 10th). I have started eating it again and am fine at the moment, except for a bad cold (will try to experiment and see if there could be a link). I have lost a lot of weight, too much really and I am a bit too skinny. My health hasn't been that great, and all in all can't really see the benefits of such a diet. Its not over yet, I am still doing some experimenting. Will update if anything else worth mentioning comes up.

It may seem that what I thought was a cold, is actually symptoms of having the gluten and/or lactose. It does seem quite consistent. I also have a very sore cold sore, which also happens when people are intolerant. Will have to go back on diet and try again. Oh dear!

At least you're sussing out what is helping and what isn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->