Explaining a mmc to a 6 year old

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Seeing our niece after christmas. The last time that we saw her we were announcing that we were pregnant :cry: am worried that she will remember this so want to be prepared with an answer. What the hell do I say (if I can at all) tbh the whole family is going to be there and I don't really want to talk about it anyway as my due date is getting closer so am getting chocked up again. I could speak to SIL and see if she can talk to her but what 6 year old is going to know not to bring it up anyway ??!!!

arrr what about something along the lines of god deciding the baby was so special that he wanted to keep him/her as an angel to help him in heaven

Didn't want to read and run. I wish I had some advise for you hun. :hugs:

Oh how hard.My daughter was nine when I explained.I just told her that sometimes we need Angels and they can get chosen at any time.Her grandad passed away and she said he was to special for us and now is looking after other people.It is Christmas so maybe something like Santa needed a helper?

Sorry for your sad loss xx

i'd go along the lines, of some people get pregnant but then it's decided that the baby becomes an angel instead.

my friends daughter asked about the baby (little older) cant remember what i said cos it was unnexpected but it was something along the lines as some babys become angels and their mummys dont stay pregnant and dont see them again.

Hey hun, i can understand your anxiety i have young nieces and nephews and was just about to tell them when it happened.This might help you if it does come up https://www.isands.ie/children it will help you explain to your niece.Kids always have the most beautiful way of thinking of lost loved ones i think, my niece thinks of her big brother as an angel and kisses his photo its really sweet.Hope it goes well hun and try not to worry xx

^^^ beautiful site xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"