Explaining Jacob

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
Basically I am meeting my boyfriends brother and his family on xmas eve for the first time. His brother has 3 daughters 8,6,3 I know at least the 8 year old is going to ask awkward questions about Jacob and I just dont know how to explain it all they are very switched on kids. What if she asks who his dad is? etc etc what do I say! Yes I am scared of an 8 year old x

aww bless,
Well your right they prob will ask questions, but you can just say jacob is your little boy (is he going to be there????) and how old he is, his favourite things, if they ask about his daddy say his daddy and you are not a couple anymore, so jacobs dad lives somewhere else. That should be enough...

I went to my Mum's friends xmas party when he was a week or so old and there were loads of kids! It was so scary (Yes, I'm scared of kids of a certain age lol). One of them asked me where his Daddy was, and I just said that he was somewhere else and that we weren't still together. I generally tried staying busy with everything else to avoid any more questions.

You could just say that jacobs daddy doesnt live with you anymore, as he had to go away, and you dont no where??

Sorry thats pretty crap, but its probs what id do!

xxx

Id probably say the same, that Jacobs daddy moved away. Children are pretty good at accepting pretty simple explanations when they are that young.
Good luck xx

Thanks girls! Knew you would be able to help! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back