expressed milk for non BF toddler?

Cattia

Reaction score
Hi ladies, posted this in toddlers' section too: I am BF my six month old but my almost two year old who is no longer BF has been sick (vomitting) in the night and was asking for milk. Would it be ok to give her some expressed BM in a bottle do you think?

It would definately be ok and will hopefully speed recovery cos of your antibodies :thumbup: hope LO feels better soon

Of course! I give my toddler some expressed BM in a cup every day. It will be especially good for her while she's ill. I hope she feels better soon!

I give expressed breastmilk to my 2 older daughters as well. Way better then any other drink out there!

I think its a great idea! :thumbup:

It will keep your toddler hydrated and there are properties in breast milk that prevent tummy bugs so it may help your toddler recover quicker!

Absolutely! As soon as I start expressing I'm going to give Elliott some BM in a cup. He was really poorly last week and I wished I was still breastfeeding him to speed his recovery.

Ask yourself this: is it ok to give human milk for human babies? Did you ask the cow if it's ok to give her milk to a human baby? I'm not against cow milk or anything, but I do find it fascinating that even a BF mother questions breast milk for an older child while we never question cow milk for anyone of any age.

What a clever little girl asking for something that will make her better! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->