Expressing and milk supply

xQuinnx

Reaction score
I know this isn't technically breastfeeding but wasn't sure where else to post. I'm currently expressing but over the last 2 days I hardly get anything out of one breast but get lots out of the other. I've changed what I do in terms of routine although did miss a couple of pumps yesterday. Any advice about how to get a better supply in one breast? Should I try and express more from that breast?

Meant to say NOT changed what I do lol

Yes, pump more from that breast. Massage while you pump.

I exclusively pump as well, and I occasionally run into that same issue where it's hard to get the milk out, particularly if I'm late to pump and develop hard spots in my boobs. What helps me the most is applying heat before I pump -- either with heat compresses or a hot shower. I also do constant compressions/massage while I pump, and I will use the letdown button on my pump more frequently during those times, too.

I tend to get plugged ducts rather easily, so I personally would caution you against neglecting your more abundant side while trying to up the volume on the other side. You may unintentionally cause the same problem on the "good side" (assuming of course that the low output is at least partly related to blockages). I have one side that produces more than the other, and I've just made peace with the fact that that's how it is for me.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice ladies :) tried massage and that helped quite a bit, don't feel swollen anymore. Will try applying some heat before the next pump and see how that goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->