Expressing

the last time i express is between 11 and 12, then i dont express again untill about 7ish, i tend to get 5 to 6oz then, after that i get between 3 and 4oz.

When i wake my boobs are huge and do hurt a little but as soon as i express they feel fine again

last night was the worse coz he was crying most of the night with colic, i could feel my boobs tingle each time he cried so by morning they were really heavy

we was topping him up with fomular in the first fwe days but now im making enough milk to see us through 24 hours so he hasnt had fomular for a few days

x

aawww hunni u sound like ur doing a fab job well done babes ur amazing for expressing u should write a manual for everyone xxxxx

are u exprssing as much as u can get then?

I am still in the dark 'bout how much I should express, when I want to keep on breastfeeding, but give a bottle there and then.

I got all the equipment now and wanted to start expressing, so I can introduce the bottle when Juleika is six weeks old.

can anybody help?

just wanted to add, ive been expressing since Kabe was 5 days old, it wasnt so much of a new thing though, Izzie's still breast fed so i was processing more, i was donating it though into the neo natal unit, much more useful than kabes 3oz a day lol. Im processing now when i didnt before, only because then josh can do some and i can or so i thought, anyway, i do some of the feeds and Brandon enjoys giving him his bottle, or Izzie hers before bed. Expressing is a lot more difficult than i thought lol, and i never realised how much it would hurt lol, i think i'm doing ok with the feeds, just feel a bit like a cow with two of them at it

are u exprssing as much as u can get then?

I am still in the dark 'bout how much I should express, when I want to keep on breastfeeding, but give a bottle there and then.

I got all the equipment now and wanted to start expressing, so I can introduce the bottle when Juleika is six weeks old.

can anybody help?

yeah i express untill nothing comes out, it normaly takes about 10 mins now each side, today i got 6oz this morning, then 4oz, and 5oz just now, going to express 2 more times before bed tonight.

im still new to this myself so i can only tell you what i do, my MW said to express first thing in the morning frtom both sides, then 2 hours later from both sides, and then from there do every 3 hours from both sides, i was doing it every 4 hours but i was only just getting enough for Adam so i have had to step it up to every 3 hours now to cope with his demand. the last time i express is between 11 and 12 at night, then i express around 7am.

hope that helps a little

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"