EXTREME Exhaustion

JoHio

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Was wondering if anyone here is experiencing extreme exhaustion. I mean, you NEED to nap in the middle of the day and then find it hard to wake up and drag yourself out of bed.

This is my fourth child, and I have never had this before: this level of being tired. I have also never had nausea before, but I have that now, mostly in the morning. I still workout every day, but that pep I used to have is gone. I am dragging myself through my life and it is super hard.

What makes it bearable is that two of my kids are in school (for now!) and my third is often with a baby sitter since I work for myself from home, so I can nap when I need to, but I just feel so useless and guilty!

Anyone else have this? I have had a few people suggest it could be twins (haha!) because I have had both boys and girls and have never experienced these symptoms, but I tend to think it's just that every pregnancy is different. :)

Yes, I would say unfortunately pretty normal in my experience. I never nap and actually have horrible insomnia so it's not unusual for me to only be able to sleep 4-5 hours a night. But pregnancy is the only time it goes away and I can sleep, and I've had two naps this week. I had it with my daughter, but I think it's worse once you already have older ones because you often can't sleep as much as you need anyway. I also work from home 2-3 days a week and find I don't get nearly as much done those days. My days in the office, which start at 6am and I don't get home til 7pm are pretty rough! I did find though that like morning sickness, it lifted by 14 weeks and then I felt great again. Hoping it's the same again. I don't have the option really this time around because I often work and need my evenings to get caught up on other things, but definitely with my daughter I was in bed by about 7-8pm and that helped.

Yes, I would say unfortunately pretty normal in my experience. I never nap and actually have horrible insomnia so it's not unusual for me to only be able to sleep 4-5 hours a night. But pregnancy is the only time it goes away and I can sleep, and I've had two naps this week. I had it with my daughter, but I think it's worse once you already have older ones because you often can't sleep as much as you need anyway. I also work from home 2-3 days a week and find I don't get nearly as much done those days. My days in the office, which start at 6am and I don't get home til 7pm are pretty rough! I did find though that like morning sickness, it lifted by 14 weeks and then I felt great again. Hoping it's the same again. I don't have the option really this time around because I often work and need my evenings to get caught up on other things, but definitely with my daughter I was in bed by about 7-8pm and that helped.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I am hoping this abaits eventually, because I have the kids all summer and want to have fun with them. They are very understanding, but it makes me feel horrible to feel this run down and I know it is jarring for them. I can usually do a 10km run like a walk in the park, and then have energy to spend hours at the park with them. Now a 5km feels like Everest, and going to the park with them may as well be the moon. Sigh.

I think the biggest issue is that you have three more kids now than you did while you were pregnant. It is so hard having other kids and being pregnant. I remember being exhausted while pregnant with my last baby but nothing like the tiredness I have this time around. I feel like an awful mommy because I'm not able to spend as much time with my kids as I'd like. I know this is just temporary until baby #4 is here but I'm still finding it hard to drag myself out of bed in the mornings and eat something because I have three children that I'm caring for before myself. I wish I could say it gets easier but for me it didn't. The nausea let up but not the tiredness especially now that I'm getting huge and having a hard time carrying around all the weight while chasing after my other kids.

Yes. I was already a sleepy person before... but now I sleep 9-11 hours at night plus a nap. ��

yep totally normal! i couldnt keep my eyes open yesteday and fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours at lunchtime. I do try not to tire myself out so I dont really work out much now other than a light swim or some gentle pilates, dont do running now as i was getting even more tired after that! maybe cut down on your workouts for a few weeks and conserve your energy? I was fine come 13/14 weeks and energy back to normal so I was abke to get back to normal then but first tri is a killer! x

I don't think I'd make it through the day without a nap. I constantly feel exhausted, having to drag myself out of bed for the school run, napping late morning/early afternoon, ready for bed by 9. I'm struggling with my job at the moment because I work evenings, I'm so tired while I'm there people think I'm ill.

I remember being super tired in my last pregnancy, so I'd say it's pretty normal!

Oh my word, the exhaustion is real with this pregnancy too! I was never really tired with my DS and it was nothing for me to be up late and wake up early and do a full day of work no problem. This time.... HAHAHA!!! I am so tired all day no matter what I do. I am in bed by 9/10 and up at 730/8 and still need a nap by 10am. Its insane! Thankfully my toddler is still napping or I don't know what I would do! Cry probably! Lol.

I was v. tired with my daughters and I'm experiencing the same exhaustion already. With my oldest I napped everyday, and I tried to with my youngest but as I had a toddler it was hard, but I napped when she napped.
I'll be napping when my kids are napping now but my oldest is out for summer and she doesn't nap. So I doubt I'll get the opportunity to nap this time around!! :(

My poor hubby is already missing me as I vanish to bed at 9pm and sleep soundly (not incl the peepee visits) until 8 am !!!!

I did with DS2 and DS3. But DS2 I constantly felt like I had been smashed in the face with a sledge hammer and it was easier to be asleep than it was to be in tears and severe pain. The nausea was the worst with him which is why I think I was so sore.

Thanks so much, ladies. I have cut back on my workouts as far as intensity goes, but I am still working out 5-6 days a week since I have OCD - and not in the cute way some people joke about because they are neat freaks or something - I am diagnosed, and it can be a struggle. Unfortunately, I cannot treat it using the medications I usually do (even the herbal treatments, since whether or not they are safe during pregnancies is unknown), so exercise and sleep and super clean eating are basically my only treatments left. So, yeah, I need it, but as was suggested by a kind poster here, I do need to conserve my energy. And since I feel like I am going to be sick all the time, I'm not able to eat enough to really fuel myself for the longer workout sessions anyway, so it's just as well.

I'm not glad you are all as tired as I am, but I am glad to know I'm not alone. I thought there was something VERY wrong with me! I guess I have just been lucky with my previous three pregnancies.

*raises hand* another very exhausted person here!!! It's horrible...the guilt is overwhelming too I just feel terrible that I can't do what I used to. I hate feeling and looking completely lazy :( :(

I'm 12 weeks and I'm still feeling it, I swear I could sleep for like 14 hours a day given the chance I'm exhausted. Everyone kept saying to me they thought twins but it's only one! This is my 4th baby too.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've been knackered with all of them! I'll sleep any time I can.

With my first, I used to walk in from work, dump my bag in the kitchen Chen, eat a banana as I crawled up the stairs and would sleep through to notming. No chance of that now!!😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->