Extremely Anxious and scared crapless!!

ErinHope

Reaction score
So first and foremost, hello! I have tried to skim over everything in this forum and do a little reading so I don't repeat stuff that's been mentioned a hundred million times. Unfortunately I have yet to find a post that I felt really answered my questions.

A little background info, I am a 20 year old female. I have been taking birth control since I was 13 (ortho cyclen) and I stopped taking it a little over a month ago. My last period was February 14th 15th and 16th. My periods have always been regular. They always last 3 days with the first day being light-medium, second day being heavy, and third day being light. I don't know what is considered TMI here, so I will go ahead and warn you that I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Hubby and I have had intercourse 2 or 3 times daily since I stopped taking the pill. Here's what is unusual for me and has been freaking me out. I have been "spotting" for over a week now. Extremely light pinkish brown only really noticeable when I wipe with the exception of one day about 3 days ago where it was bright red and about a dime size amount on my panties. No pain, no cramps. I've been kind of dizzy and lightheaded upon waking up but not really so much throughout the day. Been peeing more frequently. No throwing up but have had some nausea, especially when dizzy. I have taken about 15 tests of all different kinds and all have come back negative. Advice? Does it sound like i'm pregnant? :shrug::wacko:

First of all - welcome! I'm sure I've started numerous threads that were repeats...who cares! :)

Second - I think it's safe to assume that if you are getting negatives on the tests, then you are not pregnant at this time.

I always had VERY regular periods on the pill (Ortho Low) but once I stopped pretty much all bets were off. That's a LOT of sex to be having, you could very well be irritating your cervix and that's why you have spotting...or maybe your body is just adjusting to being off BC. Now, I ALWAYS spot 2-3 days before. This happened while I was on the pill.

Basically your periods are normal, until they are not. Your body is going to start doing things it never did while you were on BC and not TTC. The biggest thing I've learned so far is that Pre-AF symptoms very much so mimic pregnancy symptoms. You just may have not had them while on the pill. Every month I think I might be pregnant because i feel something that I never felt/noticed before. Never had a BFP.

Also - just wanted to point out, a lot of studies say that sex every day is not necessary. Every other day is the ideal. This is just from what I've read and my response to "holy shit how do you have time/energy for all that sex!" Haha

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I highly suggest you sign up with Fertility Friend and start tracking your BBT (resting temp). That is the only way you can 100% confirm ovulation, which needs to have happened in order to get pregnant.

Thank you very much for the kind answer! I have been on many forums that harass people for asking something more than once. I think, though, that women who are TTC may want a more tailored answer, we all feel like we are different! :D

I just googled all of those terms, I was trying my hardest to figure out what they meant and after googling them I was like, "Oh, I would've never figured that out" lmao!

I will start keeping track of BBT and other things. I probably need to cut down on some of the stress in my life (new job, etc). I also probably need to not obsess over it and just let it happen (while still actively TTC of course).

In response to the amount of sex we have, it more so just happens :blush:

Again thank you for your advice!

Hey - if all that sex just happens...more power to ya!! Oh the soreness I would feel :blush:

(And I meant to say that I used to never spot before my period while on BC...just noticed that I said I always did).

I've checked out other forums as well...there are some bitter women out there. We are all in this together, I think everyone sometimes just needs to ask that silly question to see if they are not alone. We symptom spot over everything over here and it's ok! You've gotta do what you need to in order to get through the dreaded TWW!

I was pretty clueless when I first came around here, I have learned so much from these ladies and have even formed a couple friendships!! Don't know what I would do without this place to chat as I don't have anyone in real life to talk to.

I REALLY like the BBT thermometer I have, bought it off Amazon off the recommendation from some ladies on here. If you are interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017RZHYY/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you know if you did ovulate? And yes, stress definelty does NOT help...but I find it REALLY hard to stay calm and "just let it happen" :shrug:

Oh and if this helps (I checked out of work 30 min ago and don't want to do anything until I have to leave :) ) Here is a little list of abbreviations that I see most around here:

FF - Fertility Friend (the best place ever to record temps and symptoms, they also have a free mobile app): https://www.fertilityfriend.com/

BFP - Big Fat Positive

BFN - Big Fat Negative

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit (? I think that's right...I would call it an ovulation predictor test)

TWW - Two Week Wait

OH - Other Half

DH - Darling Husband (or Dear Husband)

DD - Darling Daughter

DS - Darling Son

That's all I can think of for now....anyone else feel free to add! Ha

I agree with above

lots of people symptom spot but the truth is 90% of pregnancy symptoms (breast growth, sickness, cravings and ever frequent peeing) wont arrive until 6 weeks at the earliest (normally between week 7 and 9) - symptom spotting is genuinely the biggest waste of time

most of the time people just mistake natural changes in their body (example: breast swell prior to AF or how frequent sex leads to frequent urination due to the effect on the bladder) or convince themselves of symptoms that aren't actually there

in your case you body is most likely re-regulating itself, coming of birth control is a huge shock to the system and the body need to learn how to compensate now that a artificial hormone has been removed this can cause a huge amount of symptoms, some rare cases peoples bodies can even mimic a full 9 month of pregnancy (known as phantom pregnancy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->