Extremely depressed:( need some comfort

Rose1983

Reaction score
I'm extremely depressed, i'm a high risk pregnancy and have been constantly running to hospital appts, pretty much myself as my husband has to go to work. The doctors/mid wife don't make it easy either, I mean why do I have to keep repeating my medical condition when its all noted down, they confuse me and it's almost as if they don't know what their dealing with, I have had enough really, just wana hide in a corner and cry, i'm scared and extremely down, they don't even know how they are going to deliver the baby and i'm already 27 weeks pregnant:cry:

awwww that must be really horrible for you sending a big hug your way :hugs: sorry i don't have any advice but didnt want to read and run

I know how you feel, have had some issues the last few weeks and been to hospital six times for repeated tests.

Got called to the doctors the other day for no reason, I was worried as they said my bloods had come back abnormal, turns out it was just my white blood count had gone up slightly which is normal in the third trimester, the doctor that had read the results hadnt even noticed that I am pregnant and called me in for no reason.

After already having the midwife and another hospital appointment that week, it tipped me over the edge. Its hard enough having to deal with high risk issues without having to constantly repeat yourself, as it does make you feel like they havent got a clue what they are doing.

Everytime I go back they change their mind about what they are going to do with me. Dont know about you but I have to know everything and do everything now, the fact that they keep changing their mind really stresses me out.

xxx

Hi Rose...

I see you are a new member, so welcome to BNB!

Sorry you are feeling so down, my sister had a very difficult pregnancy and I remember she was constantly in the hospital and ended up with a 4 week stay prior to delivery due to pre-e....but was all worth it in the end when she got her beautiful bubba!

the time will fly, i feel sometimes like I was just 27 weeks 2 days ago, and now Im almost full term....

try not to get too stressed and try and enjoy your pregnancy! our bodies are remarkable and we women are made of strong stuff!

Sorry to hear you are so stressed. Doctors and mid-wives can at times be unhelpful because they know about things, they don't always explain clearly or put the patient at ease.

Can you take a trusted friend or family member with you for support? Take some time off work and watch some movies or read a book but something that will allow you to relax? If you have a little bit of extra cash, treat yourself to a pregnancy massage. Just try and focus on relaxing. Or come and chat about your concerns here!

:hugs::hugs:

:hugs: I know pregnancy is a stressful time and it can be difficult esp if you're in and out of hospitals majority of the time. All i can say it'll get better when the little one is in your arms :)

Hi Rose,

I can sympathise. I have had a lot of extra scan and hospital appointments as we lost our daughter last year and I have been very anxious.

It's very stressful and must be difficult going on your own. I end up in tears each time I go through my history, it's horrible.

They seem to remember me more now and don't really go through everthing, only to ask how I'm feeling about it all.

Could you not get a family member or friend to go with you? It might make it easier.

Sorry I can't really help but I can sympathise.

Take care.

xxxxx

:hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through all this. High risk pregnancies are very stressful. I know what you mean about the midwife/doctors not being very helpful. I had to switch from my regular doc to the high risk doctors a month ago, and it has been an emotional roller coaster of frustration, misdiagnoses, lack of communication, and bad bedside manner. I so wish I could go back to my normal ob-gyn that I started with (and this is the only high risk practice in my area). I don't know if them being high risk doctors makes it likes this or if it's just them. I feel your frustration, I hope it gets better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->