Extremely swollen ankles/ feet!

lolita1990

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I woke up this morning and my ankles and feet were so swollen. Here's a picture comparing them today (below, obviously) with when I was 13 weeks.

image.jpg

They are extremely sore and I'm finding it difficult to even walk. I don't know what to do either to reduce the swelling or go to docs/ hospital. I'm sitting with them propped up just now but there's only so long that I can sit in this position before my butt becomes numb :haha:

Please help. My hands and wrists are slightly swollen and my face and mouth is so much puffier than normals. I did a lot yesterday, barely resting at all so I don't know whether this is just my body's way of saying slow down!

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow.

I'd ring your doctor, especially if your face is swollen. Might be a sign of pre e, I'd defo ask to be seen asap. Better to to be safe than sorry (talking from experience :) xx

If it was just feet/ankles I would say just soak in cold water but any other swollen (esp in face) I would ring doc for sure. Could be a sign of pre-e... but the fact that you can still get your shoes on is reassuring :)

If it was just feet/ankles I would say just soak in cold water but any other swollen (esp in face) I would ring doc for sure. Could be a sign of pre-e... but the fact that you can still get your shoes on is reassuring :)

Haha this is very true! They were tight and cutting into me but I got them on so that's the main thing :haha::happydance:

Thanks for the advice girls. x

Could also be an allergy for something. Or lack of liquids.

Could also be an allergy for something. Or lack of liquids.

Yes I guess it could be lack of liquids as it was very warm here yesterday and I had little water although I had lots of juice as it was my baby shower... I'm going to get OH to get me a pint of water just now and see if hydrating myself helps any. Thanks :flower: x

I would ring your maternity unit and tell them. They should get you in for an assessment as it could be signs of pre eclampsia, especially the fact that its come on so suddenly and your face is swollen. (i developed pre e in last pregnancy just before my due date and had no idea until my full term appointment) anyway... Hopefully its not that but better to be seen and be okay than to leave it and get worse if it is that. x

id say defo ring maternity:/ theres quite a change in the pics and with swelling of the face aswell, could be a sign of pre e, better be safe than sorry hun Gl :)x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->