Extremely worried about dental work

PhotoPassion

Reaction score
I just got back from the dentist where they put in a temporary dental crown, and they used a strong smelling temporary acrylic resin to hold it in place. I can't seem to find a ton of information on this, but everything I read seems to say how toxic it is. I am only 5 weeks along and so I'm really concerned about its effects. Has anyone had a temporary crown placed with this substance? If so, did everything turn out ok with the baby?

I'm so frustrated right now that my dentist might have used something dangerous when she knew I was pregnant.

I don't know that they have a choice, I think this is standard with crowns. Fortunately your baby insn't necessarily drawing off of your blood supply. It's still working on implanting into you womb. It's the x-rays that you shouldn't be having right now. The resin is more of a topical thing, it's not going to be as bad as something you directly injest. Just remember there are loads of women who go on to take terribly toxic contra-pregnancy indicated migraine pills, alcohol and drugs and still go on to have really lovely perfect babies. Dentists will know what's OK and what's not. The worser evil is to leave you with an open crack that could get infected and leave your body open to dangerous bacteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->