Extremely worried and confused, please help!?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
So, I had a text today from the hospital saying I have an appointment on Wednesday.. This was the first I'd heard of any appointment this week! My scan is next week. I rang the hospital straightaway and asked what the appointment is for, and why I hadn't heard anything about it until today. She said they don't send letters for appointments out anymore, and that it's with a consultant because they've asked to see me. I'm now going out of my mind with worry. I asked if she knew what they wanted to see me for, she said they didn't know as it wasn't put on the system. I looked through my notes, there's absolutely nothing of concern in there. I had a miscarriage in 2010, but that's it.. Surely it can't be about that? I also had a CMV infection with my daughter, but I was told that wouldn't impact on any future pregnancies. The last time I had bloods done was at 12 weeks, for the downs test but I had the results for that and it came back low risk. I'm so scared something is wrong. :cry: Is this routine? Has anyone else had a similar thing? I never had anything like this with Amelia, until they found the CMV infection, I think that's why I'm panicking so much. :nope: I'm in the UK, just in case anyone asks.

Tia for any replies. :flower:

Did you have a normal delivery with your last child or a C Section? Any problems with the delivery?
Do you have what's classed as a high BMI? Do you have any medical conditions (including depression, etc)..?
Don't panic, it sounds like you've just been referred for a consultant opinion for one reason or another: Around 18/19 weeks is when you first see a consultant if you've been referred for consultant care by your midwife for any reason, so just throwing a few of the possible reasons out there...!

Did you have a normal delivery with your last child or a C Section? Any problems with the delivery?
Do you have what's classed as a high BMI? Do you have any medical conditions (including depression, etc)..?
Don't panic, it sounds like you've just been referred for a consultant opinion for one reason or another: Around 18/19 weeks is when you first see a consultant if you've been referred for consultant care by your midwife for any reason, so just throwing a few of the possible reasons out there...!

hey, thanks for your reply. :) I had a normal delivery with Amelia, no c section or complications. I'm of average size? I have depression, came off my tablets when I found out I was expecting. thank you, I think because of the bad experience in the past I'm probably panicking more than I should be. I just reallyyy don't want anything to be wrong with baby, I want her here happy and healthy! that's my biggest fear, that there's something wrong health wise with her. :(

This happened to me! I had no idea what it was for and was freaking out - the community midwife said it may have been because my sister had postnatal depression and they needed to check in on me - turns out it was because my other sister had DVT. Turns out that I have the same blood clotting disorder so am relieved that it's now under control!

No advice just sending you some :hugs:

Even if they have found something (which they won't have!) you'd be being seen to. It's probably something really silly and you'll do a big sigh of relief afterwards xxx

I think I've worked it out. It's going to be about the infection Amelia had, it can reoccur, although there's a very slim chance - 1% according to the NHS website. I can't honestly think what else it could be! That's the only thing in my medical history. I'm not sure what they'll offer or say, because I know there's no cure for CMV, but we shall see. Praying I'm not in that 1%, I couldn't go through that again, it was absolute hell! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->