Face painters

Gems89

Reaction score
I have just started out to be a professional face painter, local events, kids parties etc and wondered what you guys would think is acceptable to charge or what you would personally pay.

I have researched online and I'e seen prices range for £30 an hour to £60. In my local area there is someone who charges £20 an hour and I just wouldn't make any money as a full kit of paints are over £100, then you have brushes, sponges, mirrors, chairs gazebos etc..

I am charging £40 for 1 hour, £60 for 2 and £75 for 3, is this too expensive?

My Mam used to help run a fun day thing, and she said £75 for 3 hours sounds good and she would pay that much, however £40 for 1 hour does seem a lot as you're not likely to be able to paint many faces in that amount of time, so it'll be harder to get people to hire you for an hour...

Hope this helps, didn't wanna R&R

:flow:

Hi there, I think it depends on how many kids you can paint in an hour. I think if you are charging 30 an hour, you need to be able to paint a good selection of faces and also, at the very least 10 kids an hour (i think most pro's take about 5 mins a face)
The other way to do it is to charge an attendance fee (to cover cost of petrol etc) and then charge per child.
I usually do it on/off in the summer. Tattoo stencils are also good for older kids, and you can use facepaint with those as well.
Are you doing a course of teaching yourself? Remember you will need public liability insurance as well, at least in the uk.

I think charging per child is a good idea. I know quite a few people who do this here in Australia. A flat rate of petrol (depending on how far you have to travel) then a fair charge per child to cover everything else. It all depends on how much detail you are putting into the painting i suppose too - some designs take a lot more time and effort than others... (i.e butterflies and rainbows on the cheeks are not as time intensive as a whole tiger or spiderman face.)

Good luck with it! :)

I think your prices are spot on, never devalue your skills :)

Also check out The Face Painting Shop for your supplies they are very cheap and have some fantastic paints that come from the USA

X

Yup your prices are great!
I have just booked a face painter for 2hours for £80 (£40 per hour) Some of the quotes i got were ridiculous though....£150 plus travel of £10 for 2hours!!!

Hey, Your price really very good. My baby is crazy about the face painting. I did face painting in 70 $, Even spending such a money it is not look like good enough.

Painting per face might be better, its just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->