Facebook just made me cry!

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
I've just been on Facebook, and a girl that I went to school with has just announced that she's pregnant... and it made me cry!
We only started ttc this month (apologies if I sound pathetic!) but I think I know now, that I'm definitely, definitely ready to have a baby.
I just hope it doesn't take ages! I always worry that I may have done some permanent damage to my body - I was on depo for years, and I had an eating disorder a few years ago too.
Oh well. Just wanted to share that with you.
xxx

:hugs:
i have seen a few pregnancy announcements on facebook recently of old school friends and it is hard when you want it so much yourself. chin up, it'll happen for you - PMA! :dust:

Aw sweetie, don't get too down about it. it's your time now, dont worry about anyone else. Just take it easy, it'll happen and it'll be amazing, it's not the end of the world if you dont conceive on 1st cycle, and i know its frustrating but it will be worth it in the end when you're a great mummy. just be patient, and you can rant or wahtever to all of us here any time you want, we don't mind! :p hope you feel better about everything soon, and good luck with ttc! xx

It's funny, isn't it? I didn't realise that I wanted it so much - but I really do.
xxx

Sorry - here are some :hugs:

At my previous job - over the past 5 years - from August 2003 to September 2008 - there were 12 pregnancies in my department alone. At least 5 of those were completely unplanned, and 3 more were only sort of planned (the mom & dad were at least married).

And that doesn't include the numerous other pregnancies in our company as a whole.

I was often told by people, my BF included, not to drink the water. Now I would drink litres of it every day if it would help.

:dust: for us both

Crailly - I know what you mean! We had loads of pregnancies at work over the years, and we used to always say, "Don't sit on that chair - that's the pregnancy chair!"
Thanks hun
xxx

hi hun ... i know what you mean i was on the depo for over 10 years and reading some of the stories about depo makes me scared to think what i may have done to my body :cry:

this is our first month ttc so fingers x'd we will both get our :bfp: soon.

sending loads of baby :dust::dust::dust:

:hug:

If only we could find magic pregnancy water or a special pregnancy chair - so many of us would line up to get our :bfp:

:rofl:

I always worry that I may have done some permanent damage to my body - I was on depo for years, and I had an eating disorder a few years ago too.
Oh well. Just wanted to share that with you.
xxx

Battled with an eating disorder myself for years. I suppose I consider myself still on the road to recovery. I know exactly how you feel. Well done for being so brave as to share. :hugs:
My first month ttc. Been wanting to try since november but cycle was slow to return after stopping bcp.
If you ever need to talk pm me. Nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks

:hug:

If only we could find magic pregnancy water or a special pregnancy chair - so many of us would line up to get our :bfp:

My husband is apparently sitting beside the pregnancy window at work, I hope that window will work soon, so far nothing happened. The story is the one who sat beside that on that window got preggers, so now he is in preggers leave, they always rearrange seatting, by now 5 guys have gone into preggers leave, lets hope hubby will soon too :rofl:

Dont cry over facebook ILoveShoes :hug: soon it will be your turn to post on facebook :hugs:

I know exactly what you mean! I am really worried that things that have happened in the past will stop me achieving my dream!
Was on the pill for 12 years and now my body feels completely messed up, my cycles are all over the place! Came off the pill 3 years ago to give my body a bit of a break and from what i remember my cycles were perfectly regular but now I have no idea what my body is doing! Loads of people at work are pregnant and want to ask them how long it took but can't bear the thought of them asking if I'm pregnant yet! Feel like it will never happen!
Hugs to you all!
Sorry for the rant!!
x x x

I totally know how you feel. My hubby is in the Army and you would not believe how many army wives get pregnant, over and over and over again. Especially after deployments, the guys finally come home and a month later the wife is knocked up. I really hoped I would be one of those wives...but here I am, still trying!! My husband returned home from Iraq in October '08 and I was positive we would get pregnant right away............6 months later, still no baby bean! ARGH!!!!!!!

I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and it seems that since then everyone is pregnant. when im at the supermarket or on my way to work it seems like everyone has a massive bump. or maybe im just looking out for it too much...

iloveshoes, dont worry hun i had an eating disorder last year but we concieved the first month of trying. so heres all the luck in the world and a big hug! im sure things will pick up for you :)

sorry to hear about your M/C tina, mucho loves. and miss. iloveshoes, I battled with bullemia for a few years so i know how you feel. this is also our first month of TTC, and my 3 best friends are all preggo! one of them was due last friday, but it seems that the wee brute is happy were it is! it'll happen for us, we haven't been trying that long after all! please keep us updated! and the trying is fun! I have my Barry in the sack at least twice a day hehe.

p.s. I think when you're TTC it's what I like to call "The New Car Theory". Ever notice when you buy a new car, let's say a Fiat Punto like me... you see them EVERYWHERE?!?! Same with bumps and kids I think!! Anyone agree?

urgh I am off facebook big time atm. All I see on there are baby pictures this lady from work posts and I am sick to death of it to say the least.

p.s. I think when you're TTC it's what I like to call "The New Car Theory". Ever notice when you buy a new car, let's say a Fiat Punto like me... you see them EVERYWHERE?!?! Same with bumps and kids I think!! Anyone agree?

It's what I call "New Word Theory" - one day you are listening to the radio, or talking to someone new, and you hear an unusual word, such as "iconic", and the next thing you know you are hearing the word everywhere. It also works for new songs.

I think it is because our brains can only concentrate on so much at one time - so they tend to filter out unnecessary information. Since we are obsessed with getting preggers, we see the bumps everywhere, when before we just glanced and did not make a note of it in our subconscious.

Totally agree with all you say about seeing them everywhere! I didn't know some of my friends were pregnant and went to the circus two weeks after my m/c and bam due the same time I would have been and she was showing big time! I said congrats and moved past it, but secrectly very upset. I now notice every pregnant person in South Dakota! LOL Doesn't matter if they are only 1-2 months I see it.:dohh: I just have pulled out all stops for :bfp: this month!
:hugs:

i know how u all feel. There 4 currently pregnant at work and 3 friends out of work pregnant and my sister in law is due in weeks. I feel as if everywhere I turn someone is pregnant. And everyone keeps asking me 'when are you going to have a baby?' or ' Are you not trying for a baby yet?'

I know we have only been ttc since December 2008 but I have never wanted something so bad and just assumed I would take after others in my family and get caught really quick.

Sorry abit of a rant I know but in the 2ww again and I seem to get abit low during it

Baby dust for all those waiting for :bfp:
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"