Facebook photo's - miserable

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Need I say more than the title. I look f***ing awful - I hate Facebook

I was actually feeling quite cheerful now I feel utterly depressed. I'm 2nd from the right

Attachments

• 227136_211428555541532_100000231667114_835754_7745798_n.jpg
    227136_211428555541532_100000231667114_835754_7745798_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 93
I'm not even sure I want to get pregnant until I've lost weight now

i hate facebook too!!
listen, just sweep it under the carpet for now! i remember going out clubbing the first time since having my son, and there was a photographer taking photos for the website.
The next day i went on to have a look OH.MY.GOD
i nearly died!!! i had 4 chins seriously! my eyes looked squashed from my cheeks, and was mortified coz everyone we knew was gunna look at these pics.
It was my motivation i stuck it on the fridge and put it as a screensaver and pinned it to the wall in my work out room.
thankfully it helped me drop 2 dress sizes in a year.
Chin up hun! you'll get there!
good luck! xxx

also the camera adds 10 pounds! lol
you dont look horrible xxx

Thanks mate, it has really knocked me - I'm only just going to work - I'll be nearly an hour late in purely because I didn't want to go outside the house. I'm about to ovulate and I'm tempted to miss it because I'll be a fat mum. I don't know, I must have been in denial to be this upset.

Good on you for your weight loss, so how much have you lost?

X

Awww you don't look that bad. :)

I have pictures that make me cringe. I saw my birthday pictures of me with my OH and I was like "Ewww, why did I look like I was laughing in the air?"

Vix I go out clubbing with OH too once every two months and I have had my pic taken and I dare not look at it. Well twice. lol.

Do what i did - get fatter friends! If your friends are thinner than you, no matter what your size, you always end up looking a lot bigger/worse than you are! Lol. When ever i'm with my fat friends i can't get enough compliments on my weight (even though im still big) but when i'm with my thin friends everyone is asking whether i've given up on my diet, cheeky sods! Lol.

So you don't need to lose weight hun, just lose those mates! (Or, start buying them doughnuts everytime you see them :winkwink: hehe)

^^^ :rofl::rofl:

Big girls are better company anyways. I have the MOST fun with my big girl friends. They aren't self conscious and love themselves and it's such great energy to be around. :haha:

But seriously, it was pictures of me during Emma's first birthday party that made me realize I need to make a change because I didn't actually realize in my head that I was fat. Which is crazy but I gained 65 lbs. from a miscarriage and pregnancy in a matter of a year. So my head didn't catch up to my body. And seeing a picture made me feel so horrible.

I don't think losing weight should stop you from TTC but you could lose while you try! That's what I plan on doing once DH get's back from his deployment.

(BTW- I don't think you look bad at all. :flower:)

Big girls are better company anyways. I have the MOST fun with my big girl friends. They aren't self conscious and love themselves and it's such great energy to be around. :haha:

But seriously, it was pictures of me during Emma's first birthday party that made me realize I need to make a change because I didn't actually realize in my head that I was fat. Which is crazy but I gained 65 lbs. from a miscarriage and pregnancy in a matter of a year. So my head didn't catch up to my body. And seeing a picture made me feel so horrible.

I don't think losing weight should stop you from TTC but you could lose while you try! That's what I plan on doing once DH get's back from his deployment.

I think I know what you mean about not realising your own weight. It's mad because I have been very aware of my weight since I was about 14 (now 30) but back then I was actually slim and had an ED. Now I spend every day obsessing over my body and food but I don't have the control I used to have and although I hate how I look, well until yesterday maybe hate was a bot extreme, but anyway, I didn't realise quite how huge I had become. Maybe I've had a bit of denial.yes I'm fat but that fat shocked me. I'm twice the size of my friends. Sometimes I wish I was still strong enough to be anorexic, I'm ow that will be contentious but it is how I feel right now. My SIL has always been a competitive person and I think is borderline anorexic but I can tell you right now I know my life would be better if I looked like her.

I think I know what you mean about not realising your own weight. It's mad because I have been very aware of my weight since I was about 14 (now 30) but back then I was actually slim and had an ED. Now I spend every day obsessing over my body and food but I don't have the control I used to have and although I hate how I look, well until yesterday maybe hate was a bot extreme, but anyway, I didn't realise quite how huge I had become. Maybe I've had a bit of denial.yes I'm fat but that fat shocked me. I'm twice the size of my friends. Sometimes I wish I was still strong enough to be anorexic, I'm ow that will be contentious but it is how I feel right now. My SIL has always been a competitive person and I think is borderline anorexic but I can tell you right now I know my life would be better if I looked like her.

Have you ever spoke to anyone about how you're feeling? Eating disorders work both ways. Some don't eat at all, and some overeat. So I think you have to get to the root of the problem before you can actually overcome it. I don't know what it's like so I'm not the best person to speak to about it but there is an ED thread in the health section on here. I bet those girls would have better advice.

I also want to say, being thin definitely doesn't make a person's life any better than someone else's. If you are unhappy in your life right now, being thin more than likely won't fix that. I think we always get the idea that the grass will always be greener on the other side but I have a feeling your SIL doesn't have the perfect life, thin or not.

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense. :blush: I'm super tired but I didn't want to leave you hanging without saying anything back. :hugs::hugs: It's never too late to make a change and if you are unhappy with your body right now, just make small lifestyle changes and I bet the weight will start falling off. :flower:

I agree with Cleckner.

You need to find the root of your problems. I did that and my excuse for putting on weight is extremely lame.

Mine was cause from lack of activity, bout of depression and I think denial that I was getting bigger. Three years ago I got super excited when I got to 75 kilos, but then over two months I gained four kilos and over the year three more kilos

Also I have seen extremely gorgeous and I do mean beautiful, sexy big girls. At the club that OH and I attend. They have such pretty faces and are so confident.

Yeah i was the same with my head still thought i was skinny and my body wasn't, lol. I would still pick smaller clothes in shops and was shocked when they wouldnt fit, lol. And shocked when i saw pictures of me when i was out, i thought i looked fab and the pictures made me look a mess!! Lol. Still do! Lol.

LOL Bloodbirds.

When I first went up a dress-size, an Aus 14. I tried to deny it. Cause it was like one week I was in my fav size 12 clothes and the next week (Hello fat).

You reminded me of when I went through "DENIAL" and bought a maternity top in a size 12. Thinking, it must be a phase. Low and behold it's been six years since I started to put on weight and it's only now that I'm losing.

I don't get how I am in denial because I am so aware and obsessed with my weight yet I do think I am in denial? It doesn't make sense. I am still feeling completely devastated about it. I weighed myself and I am 187lb (13st 4lb) which is about 7lb more than I was a couple of months ago and 47lb more than I was in 2005.

I don't think I can cary on TTC until I lose this weight. I'm gutted about it and so angry at myself for getting like this. I now have to give up on something I was so looking forwards to. I feel like hiding away for the forseeable future. I don't want to go out.

Why can't I just be normal. I don't remember the last time I had a healthy attitude towards food, I'm completely obsessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->