Facebook problem.. Has this ever happened to you?

cutebowsxx

Reaction score
Has anyone ever received notifications saying that someone has accepted your friend request when you didn't add them in the first place???

Me and OH are on a bit of a break.. Having some time apart from each other while we sort many problems out. Well yesterday his facebook was already logged in on my phone, so as I clicked on the internet (to come on here actually) his facebook automatically came up, he had a notification so I just clicked on it being nosy and it said a girl had accepted his friend request.. May not seem like a big deal but it was the girl he tried to be unfaithful with a year ago.. (He kept asking her to meet up for sex, but didn't actually follow it through. Well that was a year ago and we somehow managed to get through it) I confronted him about this, as we are meant to be sorting things out, and he 100% denies adding her, sworn on LO's life etc.. He said he was in as just as much shock as what I was when he saw it, and when he did he deleted her straight away.

I actually started to believe him, but after he left here last night he had another notification saying that another girl has accepted his friend request.. (Who just happens to be a very pretty local girl) He text me straight away saying he can't get his head around why this is happening and also denies adding her, and that the same thing has happened, again..

The thing is, something similar happened to me a couple of months ago. I received a notification that a man had accepted my friend request, who I definitely did not add.. So I asked OH if he knew who he was, and it turned out to be one of OH's work colleagues. I asked OH whether he added him on my account by mistake.. But said no as he was already friends with him since a while ago. But I'm not convinced facebook randomly added someone for me?! Anything could have happened there, either me or OH clicked it by mistake, or even LO as he likes to bang the laptop lol.. Or it generally could have happened :S But he keeps throwing this back in my face that it happened to me, so I've 'got to believe him'.

We know each others passwords since he broke my trust last year by mailing other girls, speaking sexually to them. So could he really be that stupid to do something like this again, when he knows I know his password and occasionally have a nose on his account? Especially now as I've deactivated my account for a while due to interfering family. Is it too much of a coincidence that the girl who randomly accepted him happened to be this same girl from last year?! He still has 'engaged' on his page, which technically we still are, as neither of us have said 'that is it'. He claims he wants to work things out badly as he could never live without being with me and LO every day etc..

So am I being taken for a fool here? Or do you think this could actually happen? I wanted to work things out so much before this happened :(

:hugs:

I'm sorry hun, I really don't know what to say, I know FB can do strange things at times but it seems a bit odd.

I hope things work out xx

I personally wouldn't trust him with this... It's too much of a coincidence. I know it's hard to follow your head, not your heart...

Are you sure he doesn't have another account or something? It's very rare for someone to go from that to having everything open. He could be telling the truth i suppose.. But it's way too much of a coincidence for my liking. I've had my ex say similar things ... 'It must have done it on it's own' . I.E he was on a dating website.. Changed it to 'In a relationship' when he met me.. Then changed it back. Swore blind the website had made a mistake.. until I logged on (He didnt know I knew his password) and saw him chatting to girls! x

Facebook has been really playing up for me the last few weeks.

I have had notifications of friends like that but its always been random strangers.
I have had friend acceptances from old friends that have realy confused me till i eventualy realised id sent them a request over a year ago and they have only just accepted it and id forgoten all about it.
Maybe he did send requests but it was ages ago

Things arnt adding right hun.

My facebook hasnt done it but these girls seem to be too local and have a bit of a past to it

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and believe Sweetheart. Nobody can tell you what's best.. We can all advise, but I'm sure when it came down to it we'd do differently! Things are easier said than done. x

FB can be a bit odd especially if your privacy i
Really secure. I guess if he genuinely didn't add them he will be ok deleting them?

I really hope you manage to sort things out. :hugs:

Iv never heard of that but I do know that sometimes you can be nosying on fb and accidentally click on add as friend and fb doesn't cancel the request.

Only you know what the truth is Hun but it wouldn't sit easy with me x

Thanks for all your opinions and advice ladies.

Nothing much else has been sorted out since.. But its playing on my mind so much.

I've even gone down the route of telling him that there's much more of a chance of us working things out if he comes out with the truth, as then we can talk about it and try and put it behind us. I said that I don't think I can carry on like this, wondering whether he's lying or not for the rest of my life, but he still denies adding them, he's so adamant. Says he's not going to admit to doing something when he didn't. I just don't know. :nope:

My friend has issues with Facebook like this, but they are always proper random adds, never locals

iv had this three times in the last few months and its always people i have mutual friends with and have been from my town! one was actually my step bros girlfriend so it can happen x

My friend has issues with Facebook like this, but they are always proper random adds, never locals

That's the thing.. If they were complete strangers/randomers then I guess it would be a little more believable that he didn't add them. But TWO local girls on the same day :nope:

He came up last night to pick some stuff up and again I calmly asked him about it, giving him yet another chance to come clean for us to try working things out. He still won't admit to it.. But his reaction seemed very different to before.. His eyes told me that he was lying. As he was leaving, I had LO in my arms and I told him to look at us both and swear that he did not add them - he couldn't do it. I asked him what's the problem if he's telling the truth but then he didn't really say much and then left. I've told him he's got until the end of today to come clean, otherwise that's it, I just can't live like this, his name will be coming off the house this week. (We live in a council house which is in my name) I feel sick to the stomach that things have worked out like this!

I hate to say it but I think he's lying. Two local girls added 'mysteriously, one he has a history with??? Not exactly what I'd call random. My ex lied to me about things like this and I stupidly believed him. Turned out I'd been right to suspect him all along.

xxx

I will say that this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I went to my notifications to find that someone from school had accepted my friend request. I know that I have never requested this person so I just deleted us as friends straight away. Didn't really think much of it until I saw this thread but maybe it is playing up.
I hope you get to the bottom of your situation though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"