Facebook Status when bubs arrives

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
Been thinking about this just lately because my mum told me in the week she already knows how she is going to announce that little man has arrived on her facebook, she wont tell me though. So it got me thinking about how i shall announce it.

How is everyone else going to announce it. Didnt just want to put something plain and simple....

:shrug:
xx

Holy shit I'm a mummy to Jack... weighing ............................ Mummy & Daddy love you?

Dunno really, think of it when it actually happens lol!

Probably something normal like

"My name & Daddys name would like to announce the safe arrival of Bumps name. Born on date, at time, weighng..... "

Unless I can come up with something amusing....

Last time I didn't really get to announce it as I was in hospital for 2 days after he was born and as we had text a few people they wrote congratulations etc on my wall, so everyone knew before I got home! This time I would probably just write something simple like "....... was born on ....... at ...... weighing......" and possibly something about how my toddler has reacted coz at the moment I have no idea what he will think of his baby brother! x

Xxxx was born today at xxx weighing xxxxx. Now if any cock on my Facebook decided to announce any of this before me, thanks!

:rofl:

In all seriousness though, I'm not telling anyone she's here til I am ready! And last time people didn't know what to say because it was Saturday morning and friends were hungover/still pissed/thought I was kidding haha!

Mine will just say her name, weight and date and time of arrival.. Also considering adding NO VISITORS at the end but don't want to sound grumpy :haha: just don't want family visiting when I don't usually see them so no need for the fuss now!!

not sure on how im putting it yet but ive made sure that my sis, mom etc wont tell anyone as we share friends its mine and my OH's place to tell our friends first, the family can tell people after us x

im not until a day or two after his born.parents and family wont evan no until a few hours after ive given birth.

I had a cute plan but then I was so tired I just put that she was here and had hair. no stats lol

I'm planning on texting close friends/family the day she arrives, and then the next morning putting something up on Facebook along the lines of '.... delighted to announce the birth of ........., weighing ....... (and possibly something about the length of labour). Mum & baby both doing well (...hopefully). Pics to follow.'

i live away from my family but my mother and sister are coming to give me support through labour etc my status will prob be something like....

ah well no more internal beatings, fattykins aka (baby name) has vacated her luxury yet small appartment to be in the big wide world at (time born)...no wounder she wanted to get out weighing (baby weight). now all that has to be decided is who she looks like more *and you better all say me pmsl* (photo attatched)

Hahaha! mine was hilarious. I was sooo high on gas and air and pethadine after I'd had Ellie I spelt everything all wrong and put the wrong words in when I announced it on facebook from my mobile.

I put..

"Ellie rose sheppard born 5:36pm not yet wigged but beautiful!
04 September 2010 at 20:22 via Mobile Web · Privacy:Friends only · LikeUnlike · Comment"

Not yet wigged? I think I meant weighed.

I think my birth partner's husband beat us all to it on Twitter. But I was in hospital for a few days, so I don't think I announced it as such. OH might have done. Mostly we left it til we got home and could post some pics of her without a canula in her hand.

I am sending a private message to all my best friends first. Then I will post:

K**** F**** N***** was born at TIME, DATE. He weighed in at X lbs, X oz. Pics to follow.

My DH will be sending a personal message to one person. We chose the baby's middle name after his best friend who passed away. So he will be messaging his sister to let her know what we chose as a middle name and why. He has it in his draft box already so he can send it once baby arrives. We plan on sending that message before we call family and then posting once we have called family.

It all depends on what time of day baby arrives as to when we will call people. Our other two came at 3:40am and we called everyone at about 5am and our second was born at 6:15am and we called everyone at about 7:30am. So it all depends on what time this one arrives.

I'm dreading this as I wanna be the first person to post something - anything about going into labour and having baby but I have a lot of relatives that will ruin this/beat me to it! :( xxx

I haven't even thought of it- I tried and tried to think of a witty way to put that I was pregnant on FB in the first place and eventually put a pic from 12scan that said "couldn't think of a funny or cute way to tell you but I'm 12 weeks pregnant"
I definitely want to be the first to post any "new" information about labor/baby

well with my son i was having a c section so everyone new without even being told, but this time i plan to write something on fb bout going to hospital and then once she is here i will prob put (name) is finally here born(blank) at (blank), weighing (blank) lbs (blank) oz and (blank) inches long, mommy, daddy and big brother jordan couldnt be any more delighted to finally have her here with us!!! Mommy and baby are doing well!!!

I will prob end up puttin summin silly or something for comedy value.. Probably along the lines of "well that hurt" or might be a little more enigmatic like putting "is feeling a little empty"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->