Failure - what the hell am I doing wrong?!

Yes girls, I have certainly pursued help with latching. We've seen 4 different lactation consultants to no avail. He just does not want to do it - he screams bloody murder at my boobs, it's terrible! It began due to a large sore in the back of his mouth from aggressive suctioning at birth, it made him too uncomfortable, and he has not wanted to try it ever since. It took a while even to get him on the bottle, he was fed by syringe for a while first. Anyway, nothing anyone has been able to do or suggest has helped, and it became so stressful for the both of us that I decided to stop the torture. Because even though I would have enjoyed being able to breastfeed, it was obviously a source of extreme unpleasantness for him, and how dramatic it was made both of us even more upset. At least now with bottles we enjoy feeding time together.

TCK_runner, thanks for the links, I know his sleep is super off and those pages may help me some. He wasn't like this at first, only the last week or so, because he's going through this horrible gassy constipation thing and it seems like he's almost constantly uncomfortable so he doesn't sleep well. Looks like it's beginning to clear up and he took a 4hr nap today, woo! Of course the other 20hrs have still been a sleepless nightmare but he got some poopies out and the sleep issue looks like it may start to improve.

I don't know, guys. It's been tough on me. And after reading all your responses I started to feel more positive and empowered again and was ready to keep trying and not feel bad if it didn't work out - then my mother came over yesterday and picked a big fight with me and it didn't end well. We don't have a good relationship at all and she stresses me out to no end. Well since her visit I haven't been able to pump a drop. Not one single solitary drop. Is that normal, even for being upset? It's as if my breasts have shriveled up and died. I know emotions and stress can play a role in your ability to produce, but to that extreme? Now I'm even more bummed than before, so I've just been trying to use today to calm down, rest in the short periods of time I can, and enjoy my baby in the hopes that keeping him near me and feeling my love for him will remind my body what it's supposed to be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->