Faint BFP not getting darker

Sophie2015

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks today. This pregnancy was an IUI with trigger shot so dates are accurate. My first BFP was 12 dpo and was very faint. I retested at 13 dpo and it was slightly darker but still nowhere close to the control line. And it didn't get any darker at 14 or 15 dpo. All tests were FRER and FMU. Anyone else have faintly positive tests with no darkening progression and the baby was okay?

I always have stronger results in the afternoon, as do many other women. Maybe it's worth testing again in the afternoon?

Otherwise I'd suggest putting those tests down! They can cause so much unnecessary worry. Can you visit a doctor for some blood draws to see how everything is progressing?

Good luck xx

Thank you for responding!! I've been afraid to test in the afternoon. Worried it'd be lighter and I'd freak! I've lost 3 pregnancies so far. No living babies. But with my other 3 pregnancies my lines were SUPER dark. So maybe it's a plus my lines are lighter since those other pregnancies clearly weren't healthy. Sigh.
I'm going tomorrow for my first beta. I just needed some reassurance today.

Yesterday to today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 25
My frer from 13dpo to about 16dpo didn't change much and this worried me too. Then around 16dpo it started to get really dark. I'm 9 weeks today and as far as I know the pregnancy is fine. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Thank you cnote! I ovulated exactly 2 weeks ago today. Hoping for a good beta tomorrow. It's just so hard when all you know of pregnancy is mc.

hmm not a doctor here but when I went for blood draws with my first pregnancy they took it every two and then three days apart to check the levels rising because sometimes one day doesn't show significant increase so my thinking is it would be the same with hpts. Give it a few days, let your hormone levels increase and then maybe test again. ��

Thanks sippy! My first beta is tomorrow w a follow up Wednesday or Thursday. I've just never had FRER not show a dark line. 😕 So who knows. I can't imagine a happy stress free pregnancy. Too many losses = always worried.

It does take 48 to 72 hours for hcg to double, so as pp says testing daily wouldn't show significant change.

In the early days my tests did look the same. If you can hold off a few days, you should notice a noticeable change. Also, some peoples are dark from early on and others have slower rising levels. It's an individual thing.
Congratulations :flower:

Thank you YoYo! I hope this kiddo sticks. Praying for a good initial beta tomorrow. I'm so worried it'll be crazy low. Haven't even been brave enough to try a digital test.

Good luck with tomorrow. I'm sure everything's going fine. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->