Faint line after ten minutes.. tell me your experiences?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
I know it’s very silly of me to check a test after the time limit.. but I did the test (dip test in a pot), realised the time and had to go leave to fetch my son from nursery literally across the road. I was back within 8-10 mins. Saw the test and instantly saw a faint line. The faint line does look quite pink rather than grey.

https://i66.tinypic.com/23tf2pt.jpg

I know this can be a false positive.. I’m due on today and so far no spotting. We had sex at a time in the month where I’m likely to be fertile.

Has anyone checked their tests past the time limit, and what was the outcome in the end? I’ve checked past tests past the brewing point before and never even had the faintest of lines pop up... so I’m just wondering whether there’s still a small possibility.

I’m testing again tomorrow to make sure.

I’m mad at myself for checking beyond the time limit haha it was very silly of me. But now I can’t think about anything else!

There’s some big comment from a user called ‘Roy’ who’s a clinician and he says some pretty interesting things about faint lines, Evaps and even reading tests beyond the time limit....

https://www.madeformums.com/forum/pregnancy/confusing-pregnancy-test-result-help/160517.html

I can’t stop refreshing this thread I’m panicking someone reply please haha

I think I’m gonna buy a more expensive test... the ones I’ve used are rather cheap..

My very first bfp this time was on an IC and was only visible at the full development time of 10 mins. I done a superdrug test with smu with a couple hours hold and got a much better line, done a digital the same day and got 1-2! I would say be cautiously optimistic until you can try a different test. Good luck!

Should also add that yours is a far better line on your IC than mines was too!

Ah thank you! I’m driving myself loopy! I’m also thinking it’s faint because it was just cheap dip tests I bought on eBay!
I used a Superdrug one for my first pregnancy, so I’ve just bought a pack of two from there to confirm.
I’m trying to hold off until tomorrow...
Although even with my first child I used the Superdrug one on an evening and it came up with the darkest line straight away!
So hoping I get a far clearer result with this test!

Kind of super excited but at the same time really stressed out haha I’m not going to think about anything else at all now!

Oh, also how long did you wait from testing with the IC and then the Superdrug test? Xxx

I'd say try to do a hold (at least 3 hours) and re-test. That looks like a positive to me!

Congratulations!!! :bfp: I'm nursing the 7 week old outcome of a line so faint I only saw it after the test dried

I done the IC with first morning urine, then used the superdrug after a 3 hour hold on the same day and got the bfp, used the same sample for the digi and got 1-2 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->