Fainted in the street.

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Last night went to the shop with my 11 year old daughter. I felt unwell half way to the shop, when I was paying I felt awful really faint and lightheaded and like I needed to sit down. Got outside the shop and stood for a few minutes next to a fence and was leaning against it. Next thing I remember I woke up lying on the pavement with my daughter screaming mum mum and telling a lady I am pregnant.

I felt disinoridntated and hadn't a clue what had happened. My daughter told me my face went pale, my eyes went funny and I fell from standing up position. She tried to catch me but I was too heavy, so she tried to push me back up and a lady tried to catch me but apparently I just fell to the floor quickly.

My daughter was so scared and upset and I'm scared to go anywhere now. I don't go out much but when I have midwife appointment I take my 3 year old son.

I used to pass out with my eldest but none of the other two.

You poor thing. This is one of my biggest fears. I have to go almost every where with my 3 boys who are 6, 5 and 1.
Hope you're feeling better!

Thank you, I'm the same with the kids alot on my own. So scared to go out again x

You poor thing, how terrifying :( We went to a military show yesterday, I was standing in the queue for the burger van and went extremely faint all of a sudden. I had to go and sit down on the grass, because I could feel myself going :( luckily OH was there. I've never experienced fainting before, I didn't have anything like that whilst pregnant with my daughter. It's scary! X

It is its horrible. I only ever fainted with my first but just felt faint with second and third. I'm so scared of it happening again, my elbow hurts and hubby says I look very pale today. X

Oh you poor thing it's awful. Have you spoken to your midwife maybe get your blood pressure checked.

Oh you poor thing it's awful. Have you spoken to your midwife maybe get your blood pressure checked.

No not spoke to midwife.
Don't think they can do anything if BP is low. Xx

You poor thing and your poor daughter! I was a fainter when pregnant. First time was when I passed out in mother care, luckily my OH was there. The worst bit was they called an ambulance and that was highly embarrassing. I used to just make sure I always had salty stuff on me (salt & vinegar chip sticks) while I was out and would snack on salty things all the time and that would help increase my blood pressure.
My midwife told me to lie down whenever I felt faint but I never picked up to courage to lie on the floor in a shopping centre or super market fully consious 😐

You poor thing and your poor daughter! I was a fainter when pregnant. First time was when I passed out in mother care, luckily my OH was there. The worst bit was they called an ambulance and that was highly embarrassing. I used to just make sure I always had salty stuff on me (salt & vinegar chip sticks) while I was out and would snack on salty things all the time and that would help increase my blood pressure.
My midwife told me to lie down whenever I felt faint but I never picked up to courage to lie on the floor in a shopping centre or super market fully consious 😐

I know it's easy to say sit or lie down but if your in the street or somewhere in public with no seats or beds it's not an option lol.

This is how I was housebound most of my pregnancy with my first, this time I have lots of hospital appointments so not really an option. X

I know you won't be able to do this while your our but if you feel faint at home lie down and elevate your legs up high if you can that should help xx

Oh no, so sorry that happened. It must have been really scary. I have low blood pressure and faint a lot :hugs:

Oh Hun how awful for you and your poor daughter too! This scares me aswell as I always have my kids with me they are 8, 6 and 3 and I'm often feeling faint, I have had a few close calls but I haven't actually passed out whilst pregnant so far thankfully! I have no idea how to help it but I think we should all take those old lady zimmer seats with us everywhere so we can sit down LOL I was standing outside the school today waiting for the gates to open and thought I was going to pass out I didn't know what to do but try shuffle around a bit because it's always worse if I'm standing still!

I think just being on my feet makes it worse it's horrible esp in public x

Poor u and ur poor daughter! It's awful, I tend to get episodes of feeling v faint and shakey when pregnant but haven't actually fainted. I think it really takes it out of you, I fainted once at work years ago for the whole of the next day I felt completely wiped out. Take care xx

Poor you. It's a horrible feeling, I've nearly fainted a few times but have luckily been with dh as well as ds so have been able to sit down with my head on my knees until it's passed. I was at legoland in a 30 minute queue and had to re sit on the floor every time it shuffled, must have looked crazy but everything I stood up I couldn't see and the world went swirly again!

How awful! Hope you're feeling better soon I know this too well! I fainted at the fireworks display. There was 2500 people there. In front of my eldest who was only 9 at the time. I grabbed my hubby don't remember much else. Woke up with police, St. John's ambulance. So strange lady lol. I was pregnant with my dd2. Oh & I got to see 1 firework as I was being driven off in the ambulance. My daughter was very upset. It's s frightening thing for them. I find if I eat quite often it helps. Hope they stop soon

I felt that way once when I was pregnant with my son, it was so scary! When I went to the doctor they said I needed to drink more water.

I know it's not water as hubby jokes I drink pints of it everyday lol

I know it's easy to say sit or lie down but if your in the street or somewhere in public with no seats or beds it's not an option lol.

This is how I was housebound most of my pregnancy with my first, this time I have lots of hospital appointments so not really an option. X

I know can you imagine 😐 would create such a scene! I used to crouch down and pretend to do my laces or sort my bag out if I felt like it. Dunno if that helped but at least I didn't have had as far to fall.
I remember how much I hated going out on my own and with anyone other than my OH.
Have you got anyone who's free often and could go places with you?

I know can you imagine 😐 would create such a scene! I used to crouch down and pretend to do my laces or sort my bag out if I felt like it. Dunno if that helped but at least I didn't have had as far to fall.
I remember how much I hated going out on my own and with anyone other than my OH.
Have you got anyone who's free often and could go places with you?

Nope. I don't go out often, when I go to midwife appointment it's just me and my toddler. My husband goes with me to hospital appointments but it's quite far on public transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->