Fainting help

Ragnhild

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I'm 10+2 today and I suddenly started to feel dizzy and then fainted. Called the midwife who said it's totally normal. However oh is super worried. Just wanted to ask just how common it really is and any of you experience it??

I've fainted with this pregnancy. My blood pressure is super low and that's why. I'm also anemic so have been given a high dose of iron tablets. They help. Up ur water intake and ask for them to check ur iron other than that yeah hun it's pretty normal. It's horrible though. Hope u feel better xxxx

Thanks bluebumpkin.. Ya it really was so scary. My iron was ok at the last visit but ill ask them to check for bp also this time. And each visit i've been told to up my water intake. As silly as it sounds it's so hard to do though since i'm even throwing up just water :sick:

If your throwing up water and your sickness is bad then you might be dehydrated which can cause fainting.

I'm the exact same. Try and keep a bottle of water with u throughout the day and just wet ur mouth or take a few sips every 5-10 mins. That's what my doc advised. I keep water by my bed and take sips when I wake for the loo xx

Think so too sophx.. Thanks for the great advice bluebumpkin... hopefully that will up the water intake.

My mother fainted all the time when she was pregnant with me. Her blood pressure would fall, and so would she. She once fainted in the middle of the grocery store while ordering deli meats. Hahaha - way to scare the crap out of everybody! Take it easy! Be careful! Wear a helmet! Kidding, but I would definitely agree with staying hydrated because getting dehydrated will make your blood pressure fall, and you're clearly prone to it. :)

Thanks xdxx going to be very careful about water now...btw did you ever faint too? My mom didn't so its certainly not genetic although they say ms is. And ya it was scary i fainted in the mall almost as bad as your mom lol but luckily oh was on the way to meet me and took care of it.

Thanks xdxx going to be very careful about water now...btw did you ever faint too? My mom didn't so its certainly not genetic although they say ms is. And ya it was scary i fainted in the mall almost as bad as your mom lol but luckily oh was on the way to meet me and took care of it.

Oh, no!!!!!!! No, I never fainted, but I've had the feeling like I was going to and even sat down right in the middle of a store after they asked me to remove myself from one of their chairs (nobody else was there, no reason why I couldn't have a seat). I sat right in the middle of their floor and then once I started to feel better, I left and gave them some "sign language" on my way out. I was 9 months pregnant, and I couldn't have been more miserable that day. haha. Anyway, I'm so glad your OH was there for you. Don't hesitate to take a seat right where you are - it's a whole lot better than possibly getting hurt. :)

You might try Pedialyte if you're really dehydrated. They have flavored and unflavored versions of it.

Oh, no!!!!!!! No, I never fainted, but I've had the feeling like I was going to and even sat down right in the middle of a store after they asked me to remove myself from one of their chairs (nobody else was there, no reason why I couldn't have a seat). I sat right in the middle of their floor and then once I started to feel better, I left and gave them some "sign language" on my way out. I was 9 months pregnant, and I couldn't have been more miserable that day. haha. Anyway, I'm so glad your OH was there for you. Don't hesitate to take a seat right where you are - it's a whole lot better than possibly getting hurt. :)

Cant blv they did that when you were sooooo visibly pregnant... Ive found the most unexpected people to be insensitive and others to be sooo helpful. I sat down on the floor too and nobody said anything... Then when oh came running with juice they mustve understood its something medical.

@stillpraying: Thanks for the great advice, gonna buy it today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->