fairy hammocks and mooncups

Sorry, had to pull this thread!!!!!

Fairy Hammock! WTF :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have the divacup - same thing, just made in Canada!

LOVE IT! Buttttttt, I bought size 1 (never given birth) and had it for about 4 months...and NOW I'm pregnant so after the baby comes I'll have to buy the second size!!!

Bad timing for me!

But It is wonderful! I forwarded an email to all of my girl friends when there was a sale on and gave them a totally annoying testimonial.

I want everyone in the world to know about these!!!

for those of you who want to buy one this code will give you £3 off from the mooncup website

MOON1876371557-37

Im taking the plunge and buying one to try xx

https://www.weenotions.info/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=30&zenid=q8fu2apla9ohufg6gk00pq1ka5

I bought a mooncup a year ago and while I still use tampons as well, I love my mooncup.
I just sometimes 'forget' that I have it...

I tried washable pads but don't think the ones I bought were good as they were just used as a 'back up' for the mooncup(in case of leaks) and they weren't absorbant at all

I know people who swear by their mooncups, they get lighter flow and less cramping and once you get used to them its not messy at all...and certainly a lot better than flushing/throwing tampons away!!

I've used a mooncup too, I used it for quite a while - then went on depo and didn't need it and it and then I didn't go back to it (probably couldn't find it!!!). They're definitely worth trying - mooncup used to have a try it for three months and if you don't like it they'll send a refund, don't know if they still do though?

x

OK, three questions:

1. How can the Mooncup actually reduce flow? I really don't understand that bit. (And I am a science person with a biomedical degree.)

2. I find that tampons actually hurt me. Well, "hurt" is probably an exaggeration, but certainly I can feel the thing in there and it can become quite uncomfortable. Sooo... anybody out there have this with tampons but then went on to successfully use Mooncups, without any pain or discomfort?

3. If you use the Fairy Hammocks, do you soak them in a nappy bucket or something before washing in the machine? I love the idea from an environmental point of view, but I just find the idea of them hanging around waiting to be washed a bit uggh. More info, please!

Thanks, girls xx

I am seriously considering getting a mooncup, but what if I am out and need to empty it? How can I wash it before I put it back if I am in a public toilet? would wiping it with a wet wipe work?
This is the only thing that is preventing me from getting one at the moment.

either use the disabled toilet as most of them have a sink in or take a spare bottle of water just for rinsing out your cup.
you will probs find that you can keep it in for longer than than it says so might beable to go shopping and empty when you get home

OK, three questions:

1. How can the Mooncup actually reduce flow? I really don't understand that bit. (And I am a science person with a biomedical degree.)

2. I find that tampons actually hurt me. Well, "hurt" is probably an exaggeration, but certainly I can feel the thing in there and it can become quite uncomfortable. Sooo... anybody out there have this with tampons but then went on to successfully use Mooncups, without any pain or discomfort?

3. If you use the Fairy Hammocks, do you soak them in a nappy bucket or something before washing in the machine? I love the idea from an environmental point of view, but I just find the idea of them hanging around waiting to be washed a bit uggh. More info, please!

Thanks, girls xx

Thought you might find this interesting from the mooncup website -

I have really painful periods will the Mooncup help?
The Mooncup can safely be used with painful periods and many women report that using the Mooncup reduces their pain. One reason for this could be that the Mooncup is worn lower down in the vagina than a tampon and allows your menstrual blood to flow more naturally. The Mooncup is also hypoallergenic and does not react with your body. The chemicals contained in tampons may react with the body causing pain.

and

Heavy periods

Dear Cathy,

"I have very heavy periods, will the Mooncup be suitable for me?"

Thanks

Lottie

Dear Lottie,

Thank you for contacting us for advice.

Yes, the Mooncup works very well for heavy periods because it collects up to three times more menstrual blood than disposable sanitary products. This means that you will need to attend to the Mooncup less often. Women have reported back to me that this has significantly improved their quality of life.

The Mooncup also allows you to accurately measure your flow. This means that for the first time your doctor or gynaecologist will be able to know exactly how much you bleed and will be able to treat you accordingly and quickly.

Best Wishes

Cathy

There's loads of other useful info -

https://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_faq.html#top

Ok.
I just ordered a Mooncup.
Thanks lauraperrysan for the discount code xx

I totally think I'm going to get a MoonCup. I've been debating it for a few years and never got up the courage to try one. Now that I won't be getting PG again (the tubal BETTER HAVE WORKED!) I think it's worth a shot. Definietly saves $$ in the long run, plus...if I got on a fire call that's 12+ hours long w/o a bathroom break I sounds more reliable than a tampon, LOL. Certainly don't want to bleed thru my bunker gear or anything!

I haven't tried either but I know on hyenacart.com they have tons of work at home moms that make "mama pads" cloth reusable pads

Wow - that was quick. I ordered a mooncup 2 days ago - it arrived in the post this morning!

i use a mooncup and its the best sanitary product i have ever used! i am happy to answer any questions anyone has about if.. if u feel a bit embarassed just pm me an ill get back to you asap

I love my mooncup! not that i have periods at the mo but it was such a godsend. Actually I had a keeper (like a mooncup but made before mooncups came out) and I got it for when I travelled and wouldn't have access to tampons/washing facilitys, and i never stopped using it, it was so cheap and much better than tampons.

When I first fell Preggers with Lauren, I decided to use cloth nappies. I went round this lovely ladies house to buy some and saw she sold the cloth pads aswell. I loved the idea of them and bought them. I got 5 pads, 4 extra liners, and 6 breast pads all in a lovely little washing net. I haven't looked back since. Each pad is thick enough to be used on its own, or there is an opening in the back that you can slide in extra padding for heavy flows. The pads have two wings on eitherside with popper fastenings to hold them in place. All the time I was using nappies, I would put them to soak in with the nappies, since then I just have a little bin that I put them in to soak before washing. I have had the same pads 5 years now, they have suffered no wear and tear, and no staining. They are still as soft and comfotable as they were when I purchased them, and they are a hell of alot more comfy than regular pads!

...but what if I am out and need to empty it? How can I wash it before I put it back if I am in a public toilet? would wiping it with a wet wipe work?

This was my concern... but depending on how heavy your periods are, you can leave it in for ages!!!!!! So it really isn't a problem.

I was amazed how little I need to empty mine.

Being able to wear them over night is a godsend!!

Having had one for ages now, I think if someone told me they found theirs near full at any time, I'd suggest they see a doctor!

The only time mine has ever even gotten half full is if I've had a bath and some extra water has been held inside before putting the mooncup in :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->