fairy hammocks and mooncups

seraphim my periods are very heavy and when i empty my cup its nearly full! i know because i have a heavier flow if im going to be out for a while i just make sure i change it just before i leave!

i still swear by mooncups tho! wen i used tampons i had to change at least every 2-3 hours! my mooncup is the best £20 ive spent in a long while!

...but what if I am out and need to empty it? How can I wash it before I put it back if I am in a public toilet? would wiping it with a wet wipe work?

This was my concern... but depending on how heavy your periods are, you can leave it in for ages!!!!!! So it really isn't a problem.

I was amazed how little I need to empty mine.

Being able to wear them over night is a godsend!!

Having had one for ages now, I think if someone told me they found theirs near full at any time, I'd suggest they see a doctor!

The only time mine has ever even gotten half full is if I've had a bath and some extra water has been held inside before putting the mooncup in :blush:

If it does get full you can just take a drink bottle of water into the loo with you to rinse it out, or wipe it out with a tissue at a pinch.

...but what if I am out and need to empty it? How can I wash it before I put it back if I am in a public toilet? would wiping it with a wet wipe work?

This was my concern... but depending on how heavy your periods are, you can leave it in for ages!!!!!! So it really isn't a problem.

I was amazed how little I need to empty mine.

Being able to wear them over night is a godsend!!

Having had one for ages now, I think if someone told me they found theirs near full at any time, I'd suggest they see a doctor!

The only time mine has ever even gotten half full is if I've had a bath and some extra water has been held inside before putting the mooncup in :blush:

:rofl: I was the exact same. Even on my heaviest day I didn't get up to the 7.5ml line. Maybe I'm blessed with a light flow but surely there is a problem if you're loosing 15+ mls in 12 hours...

ETA: Just read Yvane's post, I guess I am just blessed with a light flow! You must be exhausted every cycle :(

I thought I'd post here as yesterday I finished my first period using my mooncup. I can echo what someone else said about their speedy delivery, I had it in 2 days.

I actually bought it for a TTC aid, thought it'd keep the sprem in me a bit longer while I got on with life! But seen as I had it in the house I figured I'd put it to it's intended use when my period started on Monday.

So for the first use I slipped it in (after a bit of fiddling about :thumbup:) but the stalk was dead uncomfortable, so after a few hours I took it back out, cleaned it and trimmed the stalk to about 1cm and replaced it and that felt *so* much better.

I was too scared to trim it any more than that because I don't really know how to get it out without gripping on that bit (does anyone have the answer?). I found that by the morning it had kind of moved inside me to get more comfortable, but a but of oushing poed enough back out to get a grip.

The weirdest thing I found is that (maybe because I do a lot of kegels) I got a sort of vaccume effect going on that made it kind of tricky to get back out... But I think (if I don't get pregnant) it'd be easier next cycle.

I did ponder if I'd maybe bought the wrong size, but it said under 30/not had kids size b, over 30/had kids size a (I'm over 30 but haven't had kids... went with size A).

What I thought was fantastic is that it completely cured the part I hate most about my period: the day my tampon isn't wet enough to remove! :wacko: IDK if you ever get that or if it's just me... I can't stand that really dry feeling I get after a few days where even the tampon string becomes irritating because there is just no moisture left at all..

Well I'm sure that was TMI for some of you, but I swore on another BnB thread never to appologise for TMI :shrug: so there you go, first time user of the Mooncup!

I love the mooncup! it's fab...it took me a little to get used to it, but I persevered (and cut the stem off) and would not be able to go back to tampons....it would feel like swallowing loads of dry oatcakes....IYKWIM:haha:

I used to have periods that were 7 days long they are now only 4 (I think it is less because they allow the blood to flow freely and don't block it like a full tampon)....
my cramps have also lessened....

I have been ttc for 11 cycles and conceived when I used my mooncup :happydance:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->