FALL 2017 Rainbows~ 7 Rainbows born!

Congratulations, E!! Welcome to the world of mommyhood. It is so hard but so much fun.

Labor started last night right at 11pm. It's slow going, the contractions are so painful!! Not staying consistent though, I've been having bloody show since my first contraction. I go in at 10 to check what progress has been made!

Any update, Pink?? I have been thinking of you today. :)

My update from last night:

Well after 27 hours of extremely painful long contractions , I had an emergency transfer from midwife to hospital where I received an emergency c-section After it was determined my uterus ruptured. Baby and I are safe.. oh and btw , it's a girl .. It's been a hell of a 27 hours and I'm exhausted and still trying to process everything!! I'll write more tomorrow!

Update from this morning:

Her name is Madison Anne Claire, yes 2 middle names because Anne was just decided, as that's dhs grandma who got us together and she passed away 9 years ago and I went into labor on her bday

Wide awake.. staring at this little miracle.

Yesterday was crazy!!! I keep replaying it all in my head... After my water broke, things really intensified. Contractions became one on top the the other and I progressed pretty well although only got to 5cm/100% she could stretch me to almost an 8. I was finding the contractions really difficult and suddenly had an urge to push. I had had no progress from the previous check so was told not to push. It was involuntary though. The contractions became so painful I could do nothing but yell and cry. There was a sharp pain that started along the right side of my incision so I alerted my midwife, she took my vitals and we listened to baby's hb on doppler. All seemed well and the pain mostly subsided after the contractions. But the urge to push was unbearable. I finally told my midwife I thought we needed to transfer. She tried to talk me out of it and also took her time getting stuff done (transfer papers) and then finally an hour later we were on our way. I was quite the sight.. the main hospital entrance was closed for the night so we had to go through er , they pushed me in a wheelchair and I had a contraction in the lobby of the er and let me tell you THAT was embarrassing... everyone was staring at me as I screamed so loud and kept coming up off the seat of the wheelchair!

That continued as they checked me into l&d and the nurses took their sweet time. As soon as we got up to l&d the nurse immediately said "you're signing consent for c-section" as their hospital policy is against vba2c. And the nurse had an obvious disdain of midwives lol.. anyway I signed them and within an hour they had little lady out. Sure enough my uterus had opened up where I was feeling all the pain and part of the amniotic sac was bulging .. the Dr said my uterus now looks like a patchwork quilt and he said absolutely no more babies for me! I was ok with that and had actually told them to remove my tubes during the c-section but that somehow got overlooked and it didn't get done��.. so they got Madison out and dh got to announce the gender to which we were like ����������... it was still a special time and I'm just so so so thankful I didn't let the midwife pressure me into staying any longer.. I'm in some discomfort at the moment but Nothing like before the c-section.. that and I declined pain meds �� ... I do have it at my disposal if I so choose. So because i also had developed a fever and increased white blood cells they have me on 3 different types of antibiotics and they had to send the placenta for testing to make sure Madison is in the clear!
Also I'm having quite a bit more bleeding than they are happy with so I'm on pitocin and hourly belly massages ������������������������

And I'm feeling guilty about all the money we spent for a midwife and still ended up here with a c-section, plus being away from my other 2 girls

Pink! So happy for you. How wonderful.
It sounds like a crazy time!

My son has two middle names, too. :)

I had a super sharp pain on the right side of my pelvis that thr epidural didn't numb at all. It was really bad. I've never had a csection or any other type of birth before, so that's an interesting coincidence.

Good morning ladies! Can we all post an update? I miss you ladies! Pink - I am so sad to hear how dramatic your delivery was. I am so glad you listed to your gut and went to the hospital.

Brady is 8 weeks tomorrow. He was 10 lbs 7 oz last week at our checkup. Geez how time flies! He started sleeping 6 hrs straight this week to which mommy is ecstatic. I was able to nurse him for 6 weeks. I wasn't able to keep him full for more than an hour. It was really hard on me emotionally but I ultimately decided to go to formula. He is so much happier. I wanted to nurse for much longer but I am fine as long as he is happy and healthy. I gained 45 lbs during my pregnancy. I got 13 lbs left to lose. Not too bad considering I was only cleared for exercise two weeks ago.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it). I hope all of your little ones are doing great!

Hey girls! Eli turned 8 weeks yesterday. He started off weighing 6.9lbs and is now 12lbs! He's exclusively breastfed and I'm so proud because I couldn't do it properly for my first one! He's doing great for a late term preemie. 👍 He hates not being in our arms though. So I get about 4 hours of sleep every night! 😅

Aww i love catching up! Good to hear from you Dana and Asha!

Ford is 6 weeks old and doing well! He was 7lbs 13oz at his one month checkup (last week at 5 weeks) up from 5lbs 11oz at birth! Maybe it’s a late preemie thing Dana but my 36+0 guy wants to be held constantly too. I get about the same amount of sleep and i barely get anything done in the day! He’s doing well though and growing so much!

Pink omg :hugs: glad you both are okay! Love the name and I hope your recovery is going well!

So glad to hear all of the babies are doing well <3

Well ladies, we all made it!!! Some of us had more struggles than others but in the end we all got healthy babies.
I&#8217;m so happy to have shared this journey with you all!

Amen, Meditteranean! Congrats to all of us. I can't believe Brady is almost 14 weeks now. Time flies so fast. I started back to work today. It's nice to play with adults but I definitely miss my little man. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I also hope all of you are healthy and so are your little ones. When I have time I'll post a picture and an update.

I really enjoyed the journey with you all.
Rain is 12 weeks as of today and he's so strong already. My little family has gone through a lot of changes in the last 12 weeks - new baby, new schedule, losing a job, and finding a new home while we're keeping an eye out for a new job.
I hope to see you all again before too long. I hope not in this particular thread of the forum, but in other places. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->