Falling out of love with soapnuts

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
As much as I want to, I'm really starting to lose hope with my soapnuts :cry: They're just not getting out poo stains, even if the stains have been gone over with a vanish bar and have had a scoop of vanish oxyaction and napisan added to the wash. My BB cowprint got a bit grubby when she decided to sit in the flowerbed and that hasn't even come up clean :shrug:

I'm doing a cold rinse and then a wash at 50 degrees, any ideas?

Well I know I have said this loads latly on here - but I get all the poo out first. Probably easier for me as she only does 1 poo a day normally, so I take her downstairs and then come back up to clean it off, lumps go down the loo and scraped with loo roll then I wash it in the sink - I kind of scrub the pad together on itself, like fold it in half and rub it. Usually all the marks come off with not too much bother - if there is a stubborn mark I use a tiny bit of her shampoo lol and it comes off very easy then - so then I wring them out put in bucket and that's that. Same goes for dirty wipes. I hate putting something in the bucket that is marked.

so pretty much all the nuts have to cope with are wees, and I wash on 30 too. (I use 6 whole nuts which I think is more than some people use, also as I wash on 30 I warm the nuts in water if its the first loads to soften them)

I have obviously missed marks before but he sun bleaches them out as they are only faint.

This will all be TMI but her poo isn't particularly solid these days, it's quite loose and seems to have stained the nappy by the time I've even rinsed it off. So once all the solid stuff has been rinsed off, it's already stained :shrug: I might try the shampoo, I hadn't thought of that. I'm finding even the sun isn't making a difference to the stains and that's with the amazing weather we've had the past few days :wacko:

This will all be TMI but her poo isn't particularly solid these days, it's quite loose and seems to have stained the nappy by the time I've even rinsed it off. So once all the solid stuff has been rinsed off, it's already stained :shrug: I might try the shampoo, I hadn't thought of that. I'm finding even the sun isn't making a difference to the stains and that's with the amazing weather we've had the past few days :wacko:

I know what you mean - Izzy has some like that - either lovely and nuggety and just fall off and don't leave a mark...or completely everywhere!

Try the way I do it with the rubbing it under warm water against itself, that way you don't really get it on your fingers hehehe - I bet you will find most of the mark comes off - the shampoo I use is Johnsons cos we don't use that any more for her - maybe says a lot that it gets poo stains off :wacko:

Cant add any advice about the soapnuts really as they work well for me but are you using liners? I use these and no poo ever touches my nappy inserts xx

This poo is really disgusting, honestly. It always manages to sneak under the liner somehow so at least part of the insert gets some, especially on the ittis.

Tabs is going through a poo staining phase :wacko: But i've tried with my soapnuts and also with normal washing powder and its no better, so am sticking with the soapnuts as smell better :haha:

This poo is really disgusting, honestly. It always manages to sneak under the liner somehow so at least part of the insert gets some, especially on the ittis.

Yes this is a problem with Ittis I found too, mind you she only does one poo a a day so I try to guess when its coming and add the liner...I am usually wrong

I never really felt the soapnuts love :(
I know just the nappies you mean, we have them too even with liners!

Our problem at the moment is she's totally off her usual poo schedule! :haha: It used to be one in the morning between breakfast and morning nap so she'd have a Flip with a big liner and then one during her dinner so I'd have a little lamb on her then. But the last week or so she's totally off kilter. She'll have a gigantic poo so I'll think we're safe for a bit and put an Itti on and she'll do another like an hour later! :wacko:

Our problem at the moment is she's totally off her usual poo schedule! :haha: It used to be one in the morning between breakfast and morning nap so she'd have a Flip with a big liner and then one during her dinner so I'd have a little lamb on her then. But the last week or so she's totally off kilter. She'll have a gigantic poo so I'll think we're safe for a bit and put an Itti on and she'll do another like an hour later! :wacko:

oh thats a bad bad day for us when we get 2 poos - its like the biggest drama...I shout down the stairs OMG Izzy did ANOTHER poo please come and help I cant cope :haha:

oh thats a bad bad day for us when we get 2 poos - its like the biggest drama...I shout down the stairs OMG Izzy did ANOTHER poo please come and help I cant cope :haha:

:haha: We had 3 yesterday!! And we went through a phase a couple of months ago where it was 5 a day for about a week, I was distraught!

5 a day, wow I think i would have been distraught too!
She went though a week when she had gastroenteritis of every single poo exploding up the back of the nappy and all over her vest etc - had to bath her every time, that was hard work!

Gosh I picked a bad thread to read while eating my morning tea! :haha:
I've just received a sample of soapnuts so hope they work out well for us.

I've only done 2 loads with soapnuts so far and tbh, I'm not feeling the love either :nope:

The poo stains are horrible (so bad that they'll take a few days of sunning to remove) and the nappies don't really smell fresh (still have a faint pee smell- ick!). I'll probably still use soapnuts for Emma's bedding and clothing but switch back to our usual stuff for the nappies :shrug: I read that if you have hard water, they don't work well, but we definitely don't have any hard water issues so I'm guessing they just aren't cut out for Emma's dipes

If you find a way to fall back in love with the soapnuts, I'd be interested to hear!

Yeah I'm not really feeling the soapnut love either. I like the softness they give, but that's about it. 'Fraid i've gone back to Bold 2 in 1, love the freshly washed smell!

Can I just ask what you guys use to make your washing smell nice when using soap nuts? I have tried grapefruit essential oil and a mandarin one and whilst they smell great when first out of machine they don't smell great when dried. Almost like they've gone damp smell!!!! I've also found that they don't get the smell of deodorant out of DH t shirts. I'm gutted because I really like the way the washing feels and that they're more environmentally friendly, but I like my washing to smell good!!! Just using them on DDs washing at the minute as I don't feel they're coping with grown up washing! HELP!

Im not having any problems with soapnuts at all. I dont rinse stuff, the only things of mine that take stains are the Organic Flips and they sun out very quickly.
Dont know what to suggest really, Ive just made myself stop washing the nappies on 60 (I like them to be CLEAN) and now doing them on 40 and they are still clean and smell fresh.
I dont use anything in with my soapnuts as I like the clean, fresh smell.
Maybe try lavender?

is she having Pamol at the moment? i find that when Cole uses Pamol for a cold or something the nappies stain terribly and they dont go away (only after multiple washes and lots of sun!)

i have no experience with soapnuts but i wash mine with normal bio on hot heavy duty :)

I don't put anything extra smelly in as they smell just clean afterwards which is fine for me - if I were to use then maybe I'd try a bit of lavender which seems popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->