falling pregnant on pill

smiling

Reaction score
Hey ladies, if you fell pregnant while on the pill, would you miss a bleed? I know theres a slight chance you can fall pregnant while on the pill, but theres the argument that while on the pill its not a proper period, just a withdrawal bleed.

Lats year I had diarrhoea for 2weeks, but didnt use any extra protection, it didnt cross my mind until it cleared up, but I often wondered.

I wondered that... and I always thought that you wouldnt miss a bleed, as you say its not a 'real' period, its a withdrawral bleed. Unfortunately I do not know the actual answer however I am intregued to know.

sorry I can not be of much help hun!

xxxx

I was always told by my doctor that if I were pregnant that I would miss a period even on the pill. Hope this helps.

I fell pregnant on the pill just over a year ago and didn't miss my bleed, so I ended up not finding out until 7 weeks. I've heard of people who have missed the bleed and who haven't so I suppose it varies. Sorry to be so confusing, the best thing is just to wait two weeks after you think you might not have been protected to put your mind at ease. Good luck :) xx

Thanks ladies, just curious. I suppose it could be both ways. :)

May I join?! I read this thread and was like oh goodness lol. I often wondered that too and now I'm in that position RiGHT NOW! See I was in the hospital in January and I was pretty doped up on IV drugs and my hub came down to see me andddd I guess I was a little "too loving" while on those meds.....Me and my hub had sex i think 3 times while I was in the hospital and of course when I got out we still did it and we never use protection bc im on BCP but I've been having lots of symptoms lately that I'm kinda wondering about bc I got back to using the pill and my period like BARELY spotted and my left ovary kinda hurt and kinda crampy but I NEVER had my period and now I'm sitting here wondering hmmm...could I be pregnant?! So Smiling I'm not sure how to answer your question cause I'm kinda in the floating boat of wonder right now ha. Best of luck to you sweetie! xx:hugs:

Yes you miss a bleed. I got pregnant while on the pill..

My mother missed her period all 3 times she got pregnant on the pill.

Yes you miss a bleed. I got pregnant while on the pill..

Hey Justagirlxx, were your periods totally non existence, or did you have any spotting when you finished your pill pack?

Thanks for the advice ladies, did a test after getting over the diarrhoea last year, BFN. x

I missed a bleed when I fell pregnant on the pill x

i did too missed a bleed so i took a test (cus the doctor told me to) because i wasn't sure to take my pill again without a bleed and hey presto i had a strong :bfp: !! x

I still had periods for 3 months, and they were "normal" periods for me, i went through 2 and a half packs of the pill before the morning sickness kicked in and i went to docs.

xx

I still had periods for 3 months, and they were "normal" periods for me, i went through 2 and a half packs of the pill before the morning sickness kicked in and i went to docs.

xx

WOW. Thats insane!

I got pregnant on the pill in June 08, my period was set to arrive early July 08 and did not. Now I have an 11 month old.

samsugar7 wow you still had 3 normal periods thats freaky!!! 8-[
im wondering now if i could be pregnant and im waiting for af
now i'm thinking if she doesn't come is it ok to just start the new pack? could continuing the pill in anyway harm the maybe-baby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->