False labour

lemongrass

Reaction score
A couple of times today I've had a series of painful contractions along with lower back pressure. Who knows how long this could last! Anyone else in the same boat?

You can have number of falae starts or be in slow / early labour for days or weeks.

I just had unexpected long latent phase with baby #3.

Ive been having contractions since 19 weeks. They are slowly getting more intense. They are different from Braxton hicks. Because they are regular. I was thinking my baby would be here early. My mw said some women get preterm contractions throughout their whole pregnancy and some women that have them carry to term and some have baby early. I guess it's a waiting game.

i had those , it started just yesterday. i hope baby will come soon.

Yes, I had them for 3 days last time after I had my bloody show before I was induced. They even came every 3 mins apart for a long time but weren't doing anything. Definitely makes caring for my toddler a lot of work though.

I had the occasional slightly painful BH contraction from about 34 weeks. One evening I started getting more of them, though they were not regular. By about 6am I knew for sure I was in propper labour. So it was the start for me but it does start and stop for some women.

Iv had a few occasions of braxton hicks lasting an hour or so but last night I had them all night. Then this morning nothing, I'm 37 weeks, hoping it won't be much longer!

These false labour contractions (or prelabour, whatever you want to call it) are different than Braxton hicks. I've been having 30+ BH a day for the last few days as well though! These are mildly painful cramps along the bottom of my bump and they come with lower back pressure. My midwife checked me yesterday and I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced so these contractions are doing something!

Had a false labor episode this morning actually. Had regular painful contractions 4-5 mins apart for 40 mins before it started slowing down and stopped. Still get them every now and then so far.
For me with my previous babies, I had very real - feeling false labor episodes for about a week before real labor started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->