False positives?!

highhopes19

Reaction score
I had the coil fitted 2 years ago this December and this week I had been getting symptoms that I had with my daughters. Decided to do a test I done one in the evening came back bfn and then I retested in the morning which came back positive

So last night I phoned 111 to ask for some advice as I was getting some spotting and pain in my neck and lower back. A doctor called me back and said that he wanted
Me to go straight to a&e because of the symptoms and risks with the coil still in place.

So I had urine checked and bloods taken at around midnight which the doctor said have come back negative... I showed him the positive on my phone as I took a photo of it in the morning and he admitted it was there but said he didn’t know what to say... the hpt I took was done with the first wee in the morning.. I’ve heard of doctors testing wee and getting it wrong but surely my bloods would of showed.

Now I’m all over the place oh is gutted as am I becauSe even though we had the coil in we were both really excited. Now I don’t know what to think I feel like I’m going crazy even the doctors last night probably thought I was mad :roll:

hi i have heard of false positives but its very rare. It could also be a chemical pregnancy, i had 1 a few years back tested positive on the morning was negative on the night and started bleeding next morning, but i wasnt on any contraception. In your case its a bit more complicated due to having the coil fitted. Its rare to get pregnant on the coil but again it is possible. All you can do is wait and re-test again in a weeks time. It would be a good idea to have your coil removed especially if you are pregnant. It could be very early days so not much would be picked up, symptoms can start as early as conception. But do test again in a weeks time if you are pregnant your test will most definatley be positive by that stage. Good luck thinking of you

The only things I can think of after a positive test is a chemical pregnancy or ia evap line. False positive like PP said are rare.

Re test in a few days time. Fingers crossed

Good luck x

Or your dr ran the wrong hcg test. There are 2. Yes/no and the number one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->