Family indifferent about pregnancy

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I'm already having the typical aches, pains of the later trimesters so it is making it hard to get into this pregnancy. It is even harder though because of how indifferent my family is. Nobody asks how I'm doing or if I need help. I know this is my fourth baby but each baby is different and doesn't deserve love any less than if he were the first. I'm just having a hard time swallowing that nobody cares. I don't have much local family to begin with, but the fact that they are giving me the cold shoulder makes me want to cry even though I've stressed that this is our final baby. Maybe it is hormones... I don't know but I know that the entire time DD2 has been born they've only seen her in the hospital after birth and during holidays. Never any other time. It makes me sad that their family doesn't care about them. Is anyone else's family like that?

Wow! So very sorry to hear about their indifference. I think you're right, each child is special and a gift from above, and therefore, shouldn't be loved any less. I am only just now having my second at 31 but I can only imagine the hurt I would feel if my family was indifferent. In fact, I was pretty close. You see, in my family there is only one granddaughter whose 11 and 6 boys thereafter!!! My own father said to me that he was hoping I was pregnant with a girl. I felt so hurt because as we all know, we cannot control gender, and felt if I had a second son, he'd be unimportant. Turns out I am expecting a baby girl, but it was a really awkward first trimester.

I know how you feel. Unfortunately my parents are not hands on/involved. They are not sympathetic or loving towards me. More sarcastic and if they do have dd for a day (probably 4 times a year) they make out they are top grandparents. I never realised till i was pregnant with my dd how alone i was. It is hard. Oh parents moved away when his sister had a baby 3 months older than ours!! She has had everything her house cleaned, her dogs walked, regular child care, help with nursery runs, dogs looked after so they can go out whenever they want. Her mum has bathed her child so many times ive lost count. Her mum sleeps over when her hubby is working. Yet heres me over here struggling abit with morning sickness and my house is upside down, yet nobody has saved me not even for one day.

I do get anxious at times about coping. When im ill i just have to hope oh can work from home etc. i worry about who will have my dd when i go into labour because my parents dont have a bed or anything and oh parents say they will help, but if i go into labour 3 weeks early and there precious daughter needs them i dunno how they would be able to help me first. It really is hard. Despite all this they all love telling me what they want to control in my pregnancy. Its not easy! I hope you feel better soon. Feel free to talk anytime x

I know how you feel 100%. This is our third, and believe it or not, no one even congratulated us. The only congrats we got was when we were pregnant with our first, any other babies after that does not matter. We dont have many friends to begin with. I am 27 and all the friends I hung out with doesnt even have their own families yet so they cant relate and we all drifted apart.

One of my sisters even bluntly told me, when I questioned her lack of excitement, that they (my family) were excited for my first but after our second baby, it got old. I am sure a lot of people feel this way. I know all babies are special but thats how we feel as PARENTS, to others especially friends and family that we're not even close to begin with, just look at them as another baby.

Like my husband says, dont expect anything from anyone, as long as we love them thats all that matters. I get super sad when I see people posting about baby showers and I have never got to enjoy a single one with neither of my kids because no one ever hosted me one, but oh well, all my babies got everything they need.

I know how you feel. Unfortunately my parents are not hands on/involved. They are not sympathetic or loving towards me. More sarcastic and if they do have dd for a day (probably 4 times a year) they make out they are top grandparents. I never realised till i was pregnant with my dd how alone i was. It is hard. Oh parents moved away when his sister had a baby 3 months older than ours!! She has had everything her house cleaned, her dogs walked, regular child care, help with nursery runs, dogs looked after so they can go out whenever they want. Her mum has bathed her child so many times ive lost count. Her mum sleeps over when her hubby is working. Yet heres me over here struggling abit with morning sickness and my house is upside down, yet nobody has saved me not even for one day.

I do get anxious at times about coping. When im ill i just have to hope oh can work from home etc. i worry about who will have my dd when i go into labour because my parents dont have a bed or anything and oh parents say they will help, but if i go into labour 3 weeks early and there precious daughter needs them i dunno how they would be able to help me first. It really is hard. Despite all this they all love telling me what they want to control in my pregnancy. Its not easy! I hope you feel better soon. Feel free to talk anytime x

I think the saying "daughters in law are the same as your own daughter" is a load of crap. No, seriously. My in laws live overseas, so I have no experience, but from what I've seen, a daughter in law can never be compared to your own daughter who you carried for 9 months, raised, and love your entire life. Your daughter in law is only the woman your son chose as his wife, and nothing else. The relationship between a mil and dil is a respectable one, they respect each other and may develop a friendship but it will never be at the same level as a mother/daughter relationship. With that said, even if my mil were near, I would never expect anything out of her. Whatever she does for me is a bonus and I would be grateful but of course I know that her daughter will always be the princess of the house. Thats were our own biological mothers come in, and we're both screwed because we have crappy ones.

Some parents can be total asswipes lol. I have a civil relationship with my mom, but she is no where near the mother I wanted. She's done nothing for me except allow her husband to cause me misery. I hate my stepdad but try to remain civil with him as well for her sake since she is so submissive towards him. When I had my first 8 weeks early, we had no one to take care of our dogs because dh had to be in hospital with me. My mom agreed to take care of our dogs for 2 weeks, well less than a week later, the stepdad called us and left a voicemail saying to come pick them up because they were barking and he couldnt sleep. Our baby was in the nicu and the first week was critical, but that asshole had no sympathy. Hubby ended up pickign up the dogs and having to drive back and forth, nearly an hour each day to walk and feed them. If they cant even take care of my dogs during a very important time in our lives, I doubt they'd take care of our kids. I worry about where our two boys will go when I go into labor as well, and have considered briefly asking my mom to take them for 1 or 2 days, but that thought quickly went away as fast as it came as I recalled back on how they treated us. So we have decided that we will bring kids to the hospital and dh will probably stay outside with them.

I think the saying "daughters in law are the same as your own daughter" is a load of crap. No, seriously. My in laws live overseas, so I have no experience, but from what I've seen, a daughter in law can never be compared to your own daughter who you carried for 9 months, raised, and love your entire life. Your daughter in law is only the woman your son chose as his wife, and nothing else. The relationship between a mil and dil is a respectable one, they respect each other and may develop a friendship but it will never be at the same level as a mother/daughter relationship. With that said, even if my mil were near, I would never expect anything out of her. Whatever she does for me is a bonus and I would be grateful but of course I know that her daughter will always be the princess of the house. Thats were our own biological mothers come in, and we're both screwed because we have crappy ones.

Some parents can be total asswipes lol. I have a civil relationship with my mom, but she is no where near the mother I wanted. She's done nothing for me except allow her husband to cause me misery. I hate my stepdad but try to remain civil with him as well for her sake since she is so submissive towards him. When I had my first 8 weeks early, we had no one to take care of our dogs because dh had to be in hospital with me. My mom agreed to take care of our dogs for 2 weeks, well less than a week later, the stepdad called us and left a voicemail saying to come pick them up because they were barking and he couldnt sleep. Our baby was in the nicu and the first week was critical, but that asshole had no sympathy. Hubby ended up pickign up the dogs and having to drive back and forth, nearly an hour each day to walk and feed them. If they cant even take care of my dogs during a very important time in our lives, I doubt they'd take care of our kids. I worry about where our two boys will go when I go into labor as well, and have considered briefly asking my mom to take them for 1 or 2 days, but that thought quickly went away as fast as it came as I recalled back on how they treated us. So we have decided that we will bring kids to the hospital and dh will probably stay outside with them.

Aww thanks for the reply. It definitely sounds like we got the short straw! Its hard for me that they dont seem to have the same love fir my dd as they do there daughters child. My oh is still their son so you would think they would at least have her occasionally. Sometimes i feel like saying to them you are lucky we let you ever see her but my oh likes the peace, even though he feels it too. Hos sister has loads of money her and her hubby have 90,000 a year going in but we have 30,000. Oh always says the help goes where the money is in our case. My parents like to appear involved to other family members and friends but i do feel they are a teeny bit fake with it all. I always think she will see my aunties and uncles being hands on and try harder but nope.

Your step dad sounds horrible. Like you didn't have enough on with a poorly baby. Its sad that you have to take your kids with you when you need your hubby properly by your side. Bless u both. Hopefully its making us stronger people ay xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->