Family kicked off flight due to todler toddler

ms.hope

mom of 2
Reaction score
A trip home from a dream vacation turned into a nightmare for one family after they were kicked off a JetBlue flight home.

The airline's problem? The family's 2-year-old daughter had thrown a temper tantrum.

Colette Vieau and her husband were flying back from Turks and Caicos last month when their daughter Natalie refused to sit down, they told NBC-10

this week.

Eventually, she says, they got the tot in her seat and were ready for takeoff - when instead they were booted.

"We were holding them down with all of our might, seat belt on. And I said, 'We have them seated. Can we go now?' (The flight attendant) said the pilot's made a decision to turn the plane around," Vieau told the TV station.

The family ended up having to stay overnight in a hotel and rebook their flights, which ended up adding an additional $2,000 to their trip.

Vieau said she was flabbergasted at the airline's actions.

"We did what we were asked to do. We weren't belligerent, drunk, angry or screaming. We were just having a hard time struggling with our children," Vieau said.

In a statement to the TV station the airline said the flight "had customers that did not comply with crew member instructions for a prolonged time period. The captain elected to remove the customers involved for the safety of all customers and crew members on board."

pardon my title typo it they wont make me edit it :(

Read more: Family kicked off of Jet Blue flight after toddler

Wow. :shock:
I hope that's not precedent setting because that makes travelling with little ones even more stressful.

this could have happen to anyone so are they gonna do this everytime a toddler acts up on a flight?

I agree with you that this is very typical behaviour from the under-5 set. Travelling is really hard on little guys, plane travel in particular. Not many toddlers can handle the line-ups, waiting, stuffy and cramped seating, effect of altitude loss on inner ears, etc. Meltdowns are very common.
(Honestly? Most adults probably wish they could tantrum out their feelings after most airport experiences! :))
But one thing is making me wonder if we are getting the whole story... most flight crews take this kind of behaviour in stride just because it is so common. Why did this family get singled out? Was there more to the story, do you think? :shrug:

By the way, ms.hope - come join us on the Canadian thread in Groups & Discussions Baby & Parenting. You'll have no trouble locating it - it's the one with 70, 000+ posts! :)

By the way, ms.hope - come join us on the Canadian thread in Groups & Discussions Baby & Parenting. You'll have no trouble locating it - it's the one with 70, 000+ posts! :)

thank you:blush: I will join -

maybe there is more to that story who knows:shrug:

Yay! See you soon!
And don't be embarrassed!
Regional groups aren't always easy to find! :)

Shocking! It's tough on toddlers travelling as it is!

Not understanding of the air line at all. Do they kick off special needs kids to for tantrums? Imagine that in the headline! My sister has autism and took massive ones and I was left looking after her when parents took us on hols, she would go mad in airports to. Real bad temper. They take the ferry now as she cant do planes. I feel sorry for this kid being held down probably upset her even more. So not on.

thats shocking, last year we took an internal flight with our then under 2 year old, it was a nightmare, and i was on edge the whole time when he made a noise! i can understand it for parents who leave their child run up and down the isle and ust dont seem to care, but how is it a safety issue if the child is in their seat, ok may be screaming which isnt nice, but still.

i dont know though, i mean we dont know the whole situation tbh only what the media have presented us with in order to sell a story :shrug:

its all very well saying it was *just* a tantrum, but there could have been a whole lot more to it than that, and if the parents were not co-operating then maybe it was justified

I really think there's more to this story, it seems far too excessive as a means of dealing with a toddler tantrum. I'm sure cabin and flight crew come across this regularly, just seems a bit off to me :shrug:

Wow, can't believe this story. The parents must have found it stressful enough with a toddler having a tantrum in a confined space with everyone watching you and this must have made it ten times worse. It's boring and long winded for kids to go through all the queues that come with flight travel, poor nipper.

I think there must be more in it, tbh thou it wasn't just screaming they were.having to physically restrain their child in the seat therefore causing the safety issue. i feel there's a lot more than the family are letting on x

I think there's more to it than just a temper tantrum. I would imagine the whole story wouldn't make as good a news story so they omitted various details to make it more shocking.

i think there's gotta be more to the story!

I agree that there has to be more to this story too.

I mean the air line are going to be more than aware that stuff like this will get into papers=damaging 'family friendly' reputations.

Definately not the full story!!

I think there's a bit more to it than this too. I've been on so many flights where there is a screaming toddler (my own included) and airlines usually turn a deaf ear lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->