Family...UGH. Pretty annoyed right now.

GdaneMom4now

IVF/ICSI TWINS/PREG #3
Reaction score
My best friend married a guy...I ended up marrying his brother so now we're sister in laws. I thought it would be great! But it's changed a lot. Especially since she's become a mother. It seems like a competition all the time and its driving me crazy. We already have the husbands sister that does this competition drama stuff and I don't need her doing it. I thought she'd be the only one to understand the frustrations of TTC since they tried for three years had MC's and had to do fertility treatments. Eventually conceiving their set of twins.

Last night she called me (this wasn't the first of the things she's said about us TTC)....I gave her my book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" to try and help her with natural birth control because her hubby does not want anymore children right now....their twins are only seven months. She has wanted some more since we said we were TTC. Imagine that. Well last night I told her about the CBEFM that I got for free from a very generous member of BnB. And that I was extremely excited to use it since I'm only on my third cycle in six months. One AF was Natural...the other two were provera. so I think really only one cycle in six months. She quote said "You need to relax. you're taking all the fun out of this"
Excuse me? Out of all people you should know this isn't fun after so long. And excuse me for charting to try and figure out what is going on with my body and taking control of it. Ugh. I don't say these things to her because I know it'll just create unnecessary drama...but my hubby is getting to the point of not being able to stand her.

Our other competition sister in law had a MC with her second child that they weren't even trying to conceive. I know it must be difficult but my BFF said, "You know if you get pregnant before (sister in law) does again, she's going to be very hurt"

Okay...sorry I didn't know you cared so much about the girl you hate. And I'm sorry I know it will be hard because she got pregnant without trying when we had already been trying a few months. I'm not going to put our life on hold to conceive our first just so she can conceive her second...which she wasn't so excited about anyways until she lost it. It's just I really would love support from my sister law who was my best friend for all these years. I don't know if it's the jealous bug or what that she's not the center of attention but it's starting to get to me....Thanks for listening.

Ug, that sounds awful, really stressful! :( Sorry to hear you're going through all that.

Awww, :hugs: you just have to ignore people like that, I used to be friends with my sister and law too, but with women for some reason everything seems to become a competition and gossiping is like mandatory and it always ruins everything. It really sucks :(

Wow...She has got some real nerve! Who is she to tell you these things! You live your own life and if you are ready to TTC then by all means go full blast! I bet you money that if someone said something as snide to her about taking all the fun out of it while she was going through treatments she wouldn't like it one bit! Wow...I don't know this chick but I would probably resort to smacking her face IRL for those comments! I bet you that even though her DH doesn't want more now that she does since you are TTC and wants to get pregnant before you...competition and all. She doesn't give a flip about your other SIL...She just wants all the glory for herself. Selfish....Competition changes people...even the best of them. Just ignore her comments and do what you gotta do. Sorry for the rant but this makes me angry for you!

I'm sorry to hear that, if she still cares for you all you need to do is talk to her and tell her how you feel. There might be drama but if i were you i would go ahead and let it all out and she might realize that you were best friends before sis in law so might help at the end. Most of the time ppl don't realize what they say is wrong until you tell them(have that issue in my family). She should know that you are hurting and since she's gone thru the same she should understand. Her saying about the fun might be a way for her to help you relax( i know it dont work) but truthfully sometimes that does help as we stress over ttc so much that we need to be reminded to relax. Hope it works out for you

Wow! :hugs: I am sorry to hear that. You would figure becoming family would strengthen your bond, not make her become super competitive with you. You're right, she - having gone through the struggles of TTC, should know that it does eventually reach that point where you do chart your temps, and you do use opks or cbfm to verify your ov'ing. Really sorry that you have to put up with that, especially while TTC.

Fx'd that things work out for you and you get your :bfp: super soon. :)

I feel for you. I barely get along with my SIL's either but you have one that was once your best friend. I hate how people can change when something big in their life happens. You may need to take a break from her. She doesn't know best and she shouldn't stress you out.

Good Luck getting your BFP!

OMG what a heartless Cow!!!... You would think that she would be the exact person who would know that if someone said to you, if you run across the street Naked you'll become pregnant, you'd do it a 100 times or more!!...

Id forget her!!! seriously, you dont need her to be stressing you out for no other reason than her just being plain nasty and insensitive...

I wish you all the best and for your BFP :) x

Thanks everyone...she's still talking about ttc even though her husbands doesn't want to. I think she maybe bi polar because the next day she was asking if I had ovulated yet and how things were going because I needed to get pregnant like now. Lol I don't know about her sometimes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->