FAO people who work at home

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
What job do you do at home? And how did you find it :flower:

Im looking for a job you see but I dont know if I can get the child care so looking for different optitions

I'm a self employed Masseuse - I trained and certified last year x

Childminder. Well, I'm going to be once I've sorted the paperwork! x

I wouldnt be able to do them :(

Im a qualified Nursery Nurse and the hours are quite long 8am-6pm and Freya doesnt wake up til 9/9.30 and sometimes goes to bed at 6 :cry:

I work in freelance HR, but have one client. However I will say the days I work, I have to have childcare, there would be absolutly no chance of me working have looking after littleun.

Yes to working part time, but with this house its 600 rent and I dont know how I would afford it part time :(

is it just your wage coming in? If so, you would get help in terms of housing benefits and working tax credits. They will pay up to 70% of any childcare if you are a single parent looking to go back to work. It may work out that you get the same amount of money coming in by going part time as you'll get more benefits to help.

At my jobcentre interview the guy worked out that if I went back part time, I would be getting the same money as if i went back full time after the benefits had been added on. Crazy really!!!

I want my OH to move in with me, an he brings in about 600 a month would it lower it?

x

ah, that's where this country is ridiculous. If you want your partner to live with you and have a happy family home, they reduce any help they give to you!

Your housing benefit and tax credits would be affected, and by affected, i mean reduced. It depends how much you earn between you though as to how much you'll eventually get. There is a benefits calculator tool on the government website somewhere. It will work out anything you'd be entitled too.

You could use that tool to work out whether it's worth going full time or part time x

ETA: can't find the government one but this one might help
https://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"