Favorite book?

Were doing a book club in the groups section, if you want to read more

I like Ian Mcewan Saturday :),and I like Nick Hornby.
Apart from them I mostly have older literature like George Orwell, or JD Salinger(well I love Catcher in the rye)

I also read The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde , My brother didn't like it at all but I think it is quote a good book. I like good narrating in general
I don't like mushy love stories though :rofl:
I also like to read nonfiction scientific books too:D

I also have the canterbury tales by chaucer and managed to read the knights tale too. I love medieval English xD.
(on a side note the English spelling has not changed since the 16th century, we are all writing in the pronounciation of the 16 th century . Well makes spelling a bit erratic, but at least you don't have issues like here in Germany where they discuss the recent 1999 reform of spelling :haha:

I recommend Jemima J by Jane Green...

If you like chick lit you'd like anything by Katie Fforde.

My favourite book by her is Flora's Lot but pretty much all of her books are great for a light-hearted, funny read. :thumbup:

For a change from chick lit, I'm reading a fantasy story at the moment that I'm really enjoying and I've just bought the next two in the trilogy too. It's called Potion Study by Maria V Snyder :)

Ive read Jemima J and thought it was ok... i ilike some of her others better. Has anyone read Straight Talking? So good!

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel. OR for something more light hearted, Light a Penny Candle, Tara Road, or pretty much anything by Maeve Binchy.

I love John Grisham's books especially the book, The Innocent Man.

Another vote for Time Travellers Wife, love it!

Also anything by Jodi Picoult, her books are just amazing IMO (She's the lady that wrote My Sisters Keeper and she covers so many themes, all with relationships/love at the centre.

I love Sunset Song by Lewis grassic Gibbon.

Others I'd recommend are:
Lady Chatterley's lover DH Lawrence
Pride and prejudice Jane Austen
The other boleyn girl Philippa Gregory
After you've gone Maggie O' Farrell
The time travellers wife Audrey Neiffenger
Empress Orchid Anchee Min
The lovely bones
An Interview with a vampire Anne Rice
The historian
Rachels Holiday Marian Keyes
Clan of the Cave Bear (and the sequels) Jean M Auel
My sisters keeper Jodi Picoult
Gone with the wind Margaret Mitchell
Call the midwife
Shadows of the workhouse
Twilight (Lol, yeah I read my kids books )
The awakening Kate Chopin

I'm sure there are more lol.

I absolutely loved the Time Travellers wife. Some others I have really enjoyed are the birth of Venus, Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood, Empress Orchid. These are all more serious when I want something light hearted I like the Adrian Mole series, and Danny Wallace's books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->