Favorite breast pump

MissMarpleFan

Reaction score
I have just found out that I can get an electric breast pump 100% covered by my insurance, yay!

There are several choices and I don't know which one is best, boo!

I have had two recommendations for a Freemie pump which is hands free (sounds important).

I am going to be working from home, so I do plan to try to breast feed, but I want to pump so my husband can feed her sometimes and I have a little more freedom. I also have large breasts, if that makes a difference in which pump I should pick.

Any advice on picking a pump or pumping/feeding?

Thanks ladies!

What brands can you choose from? Breast size shouldn't make a difference because it's based on the flange size (the cup that goes over your boobs). I've never used a hands-free pump before but that one sounds nice. I used a Medela Pump In Style advanced, it was actually pretty strong compared to the hospital one I used. Never really had an issue with it. I hear Spectra is a good brand as well. If you decide to get a pump that's not hands-free, you can get a bra that make it hands-free, it obviously won't be cordless like the Freemie though.

I used a Lansinoh breast pump and it was great :)

Thanks for the responses.

I have a lot of covered choices besides the Freemie so I'm trying to go over them all, read reviews etc. I may be overthinking this, but I tend to do that. :roll:

My insurance will cover one pump per calendar year, so if I get one now and it turns out I don't like it when baby comes in January, I can try another one! So I feel lucky in that regard.

The Freemie I can get is called the Independence. The Lansinoh is called Smartpump Deluxe. There is also the Spectra S2 Plus and some others like the Medela Pump in Style.

I will update this thread after I've done some more research, and of course I'm interested in anybody else's opinions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->