Faythe's Wedding Journal ~ Black & Red Theme

Faythe

Slightly Crunchy
Reaction score
So a bit about me and my DF.

My name isn't really Faythe, it's Tamsin. Sounds a bit daft but I used the name of a character from a book I was reading at the time I joined because I was worried about anyone recognising me on here and finding out we were TTC. But I don't really care anymore so I'm happy to share that.

Anyhoo, I'm 24 and DF Chris is 30. We met 2 years ago when I contacted him via a forum ad to buy a hatchling Royal Python. He met me at my work to make the exchange of snake and cash and I instantly decided that I must have him (haha!) We exchanged a few texts over a week after so I could meet up with him and give him his tub back (any excuse) but he kept brushing me off so I thought he wasn't interested or I looked desperate. Then out of the blue a bunch of flowers arrived at my work from him and he met me outside my work when I was just gearing up to go home and planted a kiss on me :blush: The rest is kinda history. Fast forward to now and we've been living together for a year and a couple for 2.

We've been chatting about getting engaged for a while now and last weekend he took me into town and suggested we look at rings and without asking me he just grinned. So we shopped about for ages and then I found the one. Ordered it up in my size and a few days later when it arrived Chris came home with it and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I know it's not the most romantic way to do it but it was perfect for me because I got to choose my ring and even though I knew the question was coming I was still shocked.

Right - the wedding plan:

I was thinking of a May Wedding but I've now got my heart set on a December Winter Wedding as I think it'll compliment my Black & Red Theme. Need to discuss with Chris and book a date but it'll be in 2013.

Theme: Black & Red Alternative/Vintage
Dress: Black
Venue: Rivervale Barn, Hampshire
Guests: Small gathering immediate family and close friends for the ceremony & meal. Free for all in the evening
Food: Hog Roast

I've already chosen my MOH which'll be my best friend :kiss:

I'll get around to adding more later on :blush:

Yay!

I was going to get my friend to make my invites but I'm wondering if I should make them myself? :shrug:

Make one as a tester and see how you feel about it.

We made our own, took us a few days but I was happy with the result. x

The dress I want

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P6ceJV0AzjQ/S478pr-SJuI/AAAAAAAAJzs/mwaumyXKSr0/s400/Screen+shot+2010-03-03+at+7.07.12+PM.png

And my first rough draft of the invites :blush:

Attachments

• IMG-20110818-00425.jpg
    IMG-20110818-00425.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 12
Gorgeous dress!

Love the invite, do you like glitter? Because you could add a bit of glitter somewhere on it. Or like I did, have heart glitter bits on the inside when you open it :thumbup:
x

I actually welled up at him sending you flowers! x

love love love it!!

Eeeee! It's lush isn't it? :cloud9:

That dress is beautiful :flower:

Thankies!

Gorgeous dress!

Love the invite, do you like glitter? Because you could add a bit of glitter somewhere on it. Or like I did, have heart glitter bits on the inside when you open it :thumbup:
x

I do! I was thinking of getting some black foil filagree style thingies to go on the inside corners of the card. I might go to Paperchase over the weekend and buy a few bits and bobs to experiment with styles/colours :shrug: x

I actually welled up at him sending you flowers! x

Awwwww! Bless you honey. I was soooo embarrassed when this lady came through the shop with a massive bunch of flowers. One of them was the same flower as the tattoo on my arm so he'd put thought into it which made me smile. The little card said 'just to make you smile, c x' :cloud9: x

So, Rivervale Barn is off the venue list. After being told by my Sis that it's 7k off peak, I am not parting with that kind of cash. I knew it wouldn't be cheap but I was not expecting that.

So my Sis did some more reading up online and the mansion near us does weddings.

It's called Easthampstead Park Mansion and it's pretty gorgeous. Not the barn wedding I was hoping for but it's only £400 for the ceremony and room, plus we get a bedroom for the day or something strange like that. But it means we get some beautiful pictures all over the mansion and with 60 acre grounds we will get loads of pictures outside too.

Here's a quick link if anyone is interested:

The ceremony room that I want (they have others with different colours etc)

https://www.seventh-heaven-events.co.uk/images/EasthampsteadPark.jpg

And....

https://www.weddingvenues.com/vimages4345/wedding-image-10934.html

Will be viewing that venue next Friday and I have told Chris that if I liked it i'll be booking it and putting down my deposit.

He's all nerves at the moment with his anxieties and stuff but I've said to him that we have 2 years before the big day so he has plenty of time to see his phsyciatrist and sort his worries out before then. Plus it keeps me happy and occupied haha :blush:

He's OK - he just ha suffered with anxiety issues related to allergies to foods for many years and this week was the first time he's gone to see a doctor about it to be referred on to someone to help him. He was on Citalopram but it only masked the problem so he's off to hospital soon for the camera jobby (poor bugger) and to see a physiciatrist too, to help him overcome his anxiety issues. Come the wedding and he'll be just perfect :cloud9:

I'm so angry! The pub we arranged to have my engagement party at next week called and said we can't have it there next Friday now as they've taken another large booking:growlmad:

And, the venue have also said that despite paying a deposit for the wedding we can't book a 2013 date until next year!!!!

flipping nightmare!! so what have they done with your money? I bet they are making you wait so in the contract they can draw up 2013 prices and not 2011 prices!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->