**February Babies**

Congratz girls. hows everyone finding life with a newborn? all robert is really doing is sleeping bless him, hes only awake for a feed and nappy change, which is really good! atm im waiting for the midwife to come, she rang me at half one to tell me she was coming to me next and could she have directions as i live in the middle of nowhere and she would ring me if she got lost and so far its half four and ive not even had a phonecall, i cant even get much done as if i start sorting through all his clothes which i had planned on doing shes bound to turn up. xxxx

Aww i hate when they do home visits because theyre always late! Mine says "morning" and she means like a 4 hour space of time where she will just turn up. She's coming again on monday to us.
Erin basically sleeps, farts like a trooper and eats at the moment.

Well u guys r lucky they come to u.i have to go to them!n it sux coz i have to walk and babies pram is crap!>:/
But good thing is babies put on 700grams!!:)

They come to us a couple of times after the birth which is handy. Id hate trailing out with the pram when shes a couple of days old. Took her in the pram for the first time today though to tesco :)

Te Ariki slept for the first 2 weeks too, enjoy it!

My midwife just comes to us, or wherever. Homebirth midwives ftw

robert does the same holly, eats sleeps then farts which usually means poo, but at least i an now put a change a nappy pretty quick the amount ive changed in the past 10 days. on thursday when the midwife came and weighed him he'd lost 2 and a half oz, but when midwife visited today he has put back on 9 oz, i didnt think they could put weight on so quick tbh, i did noticed he was feeding lots more and i suppose they're growing while they sleep, but my god i was so shocked ths morning when midwife said that! hes growing far too quick, he hasnt even got wrinkley hands anymore! robert hasnt really been in his pram much only when we took him to get registered, so he was a week old by that time. xxxx

Aww :) Erin lost 3oz when she was weighed but the midwife was meant to come today but things got changed and they forgot to tell us! So will hopefully find out how much she weighs tomorrow.

Ahhh just wait till they're where Kayla is now! She's so attentive and is awake a lot more. She's following voices and actually held her rattle a couple days ago AND SHOOK IT!! Eek! I'm so proud. Never really realized how much newborns like black and white. I'll have her laying on the floor next to our fireplace (which is black and white) and she'll just stare at it for ages.

Poor baby has cradle cap. Hope it doesn't last too long :(

Erin always tries to hold a bottle herself but cant really hold it so we have to get her hands out the way just so we can feed her and shes screaming because she cant get the food fast enough!

I'm getting robbie weighed again on Monday, see how much he's put on again, health visitor said that the smiles that I thought were wind smiles are genuine.. I thought it was too early for him to smile.. He doesn't do them very often though.. But she said he was a week overdue so he could start doing things earlier? I dont know? I don't want to write it in his baby book if it's not the real thing iykwim? He's growing too fast.. Makes me sad! Xx

Cradle crap does not leave any time soon. Finn's had it for 2 months. We've used oil, bathed him daily, bathed him weekly...It does not want to leave.

I just keep myself occupied by picking at it. :haha:

Cradle crap does not leave any time soon. Finn's had it for 2 months. We've used oil, bathed him daily, bathed him weekly...It does not want to leave.

I just keep myself occupied by picking at it. :haha:

Ditto. Tori has cradle cap as well. It's not as awful as it used to be but it's so strange and weird looking! :lol:

I'm getting robbie weighed again on Monday, see how much he's put on again, health visitor said that the smiles that I thought were wind smiles are genuine.. I thought it was too early for him to smile.. He doesn't do them very often though.. But she said he was a week overdue so he could start doing things earlier? I dont know? I don't want to write it in his baby book if it's not the real thing iykwim? He's growing too fast.. Makes me sad! Xx

Theyre two weeks old today! Erins got into 0-3 clothes because her feet are too big! The rest of the clothes drown her but her feet are curled in the newborn clothes now.

Theyre two weeks old today! Erins got into 0-3 clothes because her feet are too big! The rest of the clothes drown her but her feet are curled in the newborn clothes now.

Snap on the feet! he's in 1yo socks and 3 to 6 clothes cause hes so big!:dohh:

Glad we're not the only ones! Im thankful i got her newborn clothes second hand because theyve not even had two weeks wear yet!

Glad we're not the only ones! Im thankful i got her newborn clothes second hand because theyve not even had two weeks wear yet!

Jealous! He didn't fit newborn :( 0-3 lasted almost 2 weeks. I'm so depressed because after 0-3 the clothes become more gender specific and everyone thinks he's 4 months old :dohh:

Hopefully he'll start to get chubby soon and stop getting longer!

Aww! Yeah i noticed the clothes make them look so much older. Erins got this cute little double chin thing going on now. I think we're gonna take her to get weighed on wednesday and see how much shes gained. We measured her and she's now 21 inches. Was 19 at birth

Roberts 10lb now! He's putting on the weight so easy ATM, he's completely in 0-3 now, his feet didn't fit newborn at all! I can't believe they're 2 weeks old already, he is becoming more alert now! following me with his eyes and watching his dad lots more! I'm dreading going back to college now! Don't know how I will keep up breastfeeding while I'm in college, I'm going to need to pump whilst at college according to my health visitor! I don't want to leave my baby and go to college, but I will be qualified in July so it's worth it for a couple of weeks! Xx

I dont pump that regularly throughout the day. Its been 9 hours since i have right now and when i leave it that long im able to pump 2 feeds at once. When i pump every 3-4 hours, by the end of the day i struggle to get enough. I use a combination of formula and pumped milk though so maybe thats an option for you? I use about 1 bottle of formula and 6 breast milk a day.
I need to get Erin weighed soon. Really want to know what shes at now :)

I might do top ups with formula while I'm at college as it's only for a few weeks, as I finish when I pass my assessments which shouldn't take me long as I only have 7 left and I have at least 3 clients per week! So 3 - 4 weeks tops as I've got 2 exams too! Can't wait to get it sorted and out the way! Sorted income support out today, but planning on looking for a part time job after I finish college as I'm going to wait a year before I go back to do my level 3! And they worked out at the job centre that I'd be better off get a job 16 hours a week, I need all the money I can get if I want to move out soon! I feel like things are falling into place now! It feels so good to get thongs organized, I might even sort through all Robbies clothes tomorrow! Bag all the clothes that are too small and give them away! I had a proud mummy moment tonight! When I was kissing his chin, he gave me the biggest smile ever! It was a real one too as he didn't have any wind! And he did it again when I kissed his chin! Health visitor must have been right after all! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->