***February love bugs***

This thread has been extremely quiet- everyone doing ok?

Hi ladies!

29+5 today, and little lady is doing well. I'm having regular growth scans because of a low PAPP-A in my blood, so they're keeping an eye on her. It was the same with my second baby.

I'm planning a home birth. Anyone else? :flower:

Wriggley, please change my date to 17th Feb on the first post.

This thread has been extremely quiet- everyone doing ok?
It has been quiet! I'm doing ok. Its been a rough ride. Finally got rid of the second trimester headaches but now I've been sick for 4 weeks with some sort of terrible cough and sinus infection. 32 weeks now and havent gained any weight (I wasn't big to begin with), really anemic and since I'm measuring small I have another scan scheduled soon. Baby girl seems to be doing well though from my 28 week scan. Eating and doing anything other than laying in bed are the biggest challenges right now. Not long now though! I hope everyone else is doing ok.

lesq5QG.jpg

Seems like you're having a tough time, Phantom. Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better for you, and you feel better soon.

I'm also struggling, with exhaustion and stress, mainly. This being my third baby, the pregnancy is taking its toll. I'm not enjoying it. Can't wait to meet little lady in Feb.

Seems like you're having a tough time, Phantom. Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better for you, and you feel better soon.

I'm also struggling, with exhaustion and stress, mainly. This being my third baby, the pregnancy is taking its toll. I'm not enjoying it. Can't wait to meet little lady in Feb.
It won't be long now! The end is near! This is my third too and has definitely been the most difficult. I wonder if it just gets harder on the body after a certain point?

Phantom I'm sorry to hear you've been poorly, I hope the bugs go away soon and that you start to feel better.

I think it definitely gets harder on the body, this is my 4th and the irritable uterus has gotten worse each time, I have awful contractions often now and it'll probably be like last time that I won't know I'm labour until it's fully established.

Officially on maternity leave and only about 2-3 weeks left before I get to meet my littles! I'm scheduling my induction or c-section this Thursday and I'm getting so nervous and excited. I can't believe for a twin pregnancy, and my first, it has gone almost perfect. Man this 3rd trimester is the worst though. I have days I'm extremely exhausted, then others I have energy to clean and go out. I still have sooo much to get done before I can't move anymore. I've had almost non-stop braxton hicks for the last few weeks and the last few days I've been getting a few sporadic real contractions, nothing concerning though. I sure will miss my tummy and feeling these two squirm around though. And I absolutely love 3d/4d pictures of these two! Here is one from 27 weeks. She is super squished against her membrane, but happy as can be! My most recent one I have of her is 33 weeks and her brothers butt is right on her face LOL

How is everyone else doing?

27 weeks.jpg

Last edited:
Aww your twins look so sweet! I'm glad your pregnancy has been going smoothly.

I had yet another ultrasound last week. And another one scheduled for a few weeks. Baby's percentile has been dropping and I haven't gained anything. Of course my mom is scaring me saying all these ultrasounds are bad for the baby. But I trust my OB. She's the best one I've had yet.

Aww your twins look so sweet! I'm glad your pregnancy has been going smoothly.

I had yet another ultrasound last week. And another one scheduled for a few weeks. Baby's percentile has been dropping and I haven't gained anything. Of course my mom is scaring me saying all these ultrasounds are bad for the baby. But I trust my OB. She's the best one I've had yet.

Thank you! I'm already so in love with these two. I can't stop staring at their pictures.

What percentile is baby at? Mine has done the same; at one point she was measuring in the 10th%ile, but I got a second opinion and she was in the 30th, but still on the smaller side. I've only gained a total of 6-9lbs depending on the scale. I swear I've been eating like I'm in the 1st trimester again and I still lose weight. I started a little on the fluffy side so I like to think they are just stealing all that extra fluff. I've had US every other week since I was 6 weeks. Technology has changed so much, and more research has been done to know the affects on babies now. I'm glad you trust your OB, so many people in my FB groups don't and always ask for second opinions.

Any babies yet? I'm being induced this Saturday if she stays put until then.

No baby here, but I've been given the go-ahead for my home birth! My birth pool arrived today, so I'm just waiting for little lady now. 37+1 today. Yay! Got a scan next week to keep an eye on growth, but all well so far.

I wonder if there have been any January arrivals.

Not baby here yet! 36w and 3 d today....patiently or rather impatiently waiting.....I have a feeling I might go over due date :( good luck to all those who are closer to the due dates!

Yes, I disappeared from most internet usage when I started working full time, hopefully I'm not the only one who will pop in with updates :). Finished work at Christmas and was supposed to be spending all of January getting ready. But feels like I've got nothing accomplished! Honestly, even my hospital bag is only half-packed :p

I'll be offered a sweep tomorrow but I'm going to decline - maybe get one next week though if there's still no arrival.

Will be doing a hospital birth for various reasons. I had tried for a homebirth with my first but ended up at the hospital for the final push.
I may have a waterbirth though!

Phantom - how exciting that you'll get to meet baby so soon!

Mrswaffer - I'm glad to hear you're getting your home birth :)

Nothing going on here either, I wish I knew when baby is going to get here as sorting out childcare is so stressful.

Maybe the twins are here now?

Well, I have been one busy mama but here is my birth story.

I made it to my induction day at 38 weeks despite a few weeks of constant contractions that didn't result in dilation. Labor went well. I was admitted and started on pitocin at 6am on the 23rd, broke my water at 1pm, stuck at 2cm untl around midnight then quickly progressed to complete and pushing by 330. Little girl was born at 430am and little man delivered at 550am after waiting for him to get into position. I did end up with chorio during pushing and spiked a fever of 103° and both babies HR went to 200. The scariest thing though was when I passed out after getting up for the first time. My BP is always on the low side so when I got up it dropped into the 70s and wouldn't come up fast enough so they called a rapid response. I was alert and heard the call, I knew it was for me and instantly started crying i was so scared. I looked at my husband and told him I loved him. I didn't know I passed out, but I know I had a small hemorrhage so I thought I was headed to the ICU (like I've done with my patients before). After multiple pokes and prods thr hospitalist believed I went septic (which I didn't and all of OB knew it wasn't sepsis, just typical responses to an epidural). They pumped me with 9 bags of fluids to bring my BP up which caused me to swell like a marshmallow. I ended up getting 2 units of blood and only stayed the standard 48 hours, but it was the happiest and scariest day of my life. I'm still recouping 9 days out. Let me say, twin life is exhausting but I absolutely love it.

Introducing Teagan and Oliver. And some pics along the way. 66640.jpeg received_223532238592412.jpeg received_308615379787785.jpeg FB_IMG_1542344509003.jpg received_315409899106724.jpeg 66640.jpeg

Congratulations desire2mom! They are so perfect, despite the scary delivery.

I was supposed to be induced the 26th but my hospital already had 3 women in labor and couldn't accommodate a third, so I was discharged and called back Sunday. Naomi was born at 8:47pm weighing 5lbs 12 oz and a tiny 17.5 inches. She's had some problems keeping her milk down and is at 5lbs 6oz now but is doing great otherwise.

CGmQVKN-2.jpg MVIMG_20190202_150810.jpg FB_IMG_1549169540055.jpg FB_IMG_1549169546828.jpg

Hi guys! Got my very quick home water birth on Monday morning!

Irregular contractions started at 2am, I went for a bath at 3am then phoned the midwife at 3:30am because of the pain. Hubs and I set up the birth pool in between each contraction and I got in it at 4:10am, when my husband phoned 999 as I had started pushing with no midwife yet!

Cleo Susan was born at 4:20am, caught by me! The midwife arrived 5 minutes later.

Hi guys! Got my very quick home water birth on Monday morning!

Irregular contractions started at 2am, I went for a bath at 3am then phoned the midwife at 3:30am because of the pain. Hubs and I set up the birth pool in between each contraction and I got in it at 4:10am, when my husband phoned 999 as I had started pushing with no midwife yet!

Cleo Susan was born at 4:20am, caught by me! The midwife arrived 5 minutes later.

Oh my goodness that's amazing!! I'm so glad everything worked out. Congrats!
What a story :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"