February Lovebugs of 2016!! 16 pink, 15 blue, 7 yellow

Hey everyone! Congratulations Nenna and Jodie!

Nenna, our little bug also lost more than 10% of his weight and had a bit of jaundice too, so our pediatrician had us supplement with formula which I was a bit upset about at first and felt like a failure from my side. However little bug transformed into a much happier baby overnight! He got his weight back on time, jaundice went down without resorting to lamp time and he is now getting his chubby cheeks back from birth. And he is still BFing vigorously at every feeding before I give him the extra formula, so I'm feeling better about it every day. We just have to deal with the extra hassle of both BFing and bottles. Feeding takes at least an hour and he gets hungry every 2-3 hours, so that's a full time job... :wacko:

Spuds and Maria, you guys are right, our little bug is also now a little more than 2 weeks old and I can hardly remember what it was like when I was still pregnant. I can also hardly remember what it was like not being sleep-deprived though, hehe. I am now averaging 4 hours of sleep every night. Yesterday night I broke into tears when he'd been up feeding on and off for more than 5 hours at 4 am, tried to put him down to sleep and he promptly started screaming his "hungry" crying again... Hubby grabbed him and fed him some of my milk I'd kept in the fridge and extra formula himself so I could sleep, bless him. How are you guys doing?

And here's Little Bug at 2 weeks old. He has such a frowny face, lol!

20160223_000544.jpg 20160225_192607.jpg

Spuds - Sophia has been similar at the beginning. In fact - she was worse! When he cried she immediately thought it was her fault and ran away and cried in the corner. It absolutely broke my heart :cry:
And because my nipples were in shreds when I was feeding him I couldn't just get up and comfort her. So was sat there swallowing tears! She's a lot more confident now!

Quantea - all very normal unfortunately!!!!!!! And make sure not to bottle it up. Make sure hubby sees you are upset. He might be tired and stressed too so emotions and tempers run high at the beginning. All part of the package that no one warns you about. Also normal to feel like chucking baby out of the window and wondering why you ever bothered! If you feel like this is how you feel ALL the time it might be worth mentioning to a Dr. But temporary blips like that happen to everyone! If someone tells you they feel euphoric 24/7 - don't believe them!

Teddy cluster feeds for hours. But he's my second and probably last so I'm actually enjoying it and don't mind. With Sophia it drove me mad! Not even being able to go to the loo without her on the boob.... Keep telling yourself it's all temporary. They grow SO fast!

I wonder if we should start a thread in the New baby section for Feb babies?!

Good luck Daisy :)

Spuds and Quantea, they're both gorgeous. :)

My little madam is 3 weeks old today, I don't understand where the time went. Her big sister is really taken with her, I was really worried she'd be jealous but as long as we make a point of still spoiling her a bit and involving her in helping with baby bum changes etc, so far so good. Luckily people have been quite good about also bringing a present for Livvy if they bring something for baby so she doesn't feel too left out.

I really miss sleep though - our older one has reflux and wakes several times a night so I joked it would be no different but boy is it - Especially when they're both screaming at the same time! Little one seems to be following big sister's footsteps on the reflux front so it looks like I'll be riding the reflux roller coaster again, but otherwise she's doing amazing.

Attachments

• IMG-1456172954118-V.jpg
    IMG-1456172954118-V.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
ladies

Zodi Irie Sky turned :blue: at 23:24 26 Feb 2016.
He is 5 lb 14.5 oz 19.5 in and perfect. Will be posting his 6.5 hr birth story on my parenting journal in my signature later.... He is asleep in my arms now :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

thank you for all your support

Congratulations Daisy!!! Enjoy him. He must be teeny!

Can't believe my baby boy is already 2 weeks old! He is such a good baby. We have his 2 week check up next Tuesday, im excited to see how much he weighs now. He lost about 8-9% of his body weight when we left the hospital. But my milk came in the the day we left and he has gained 2oz by the next day. He was a little jaundice but that cleared up on its own.

I love seeing all the new little babies! I can't believe its almost March now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
thank you ladies. He is a tiny thing but feeds and sleeps really well.

So in love. I will post photos in my journal (link in signature) hopefully within the next few days. Just barely emotionally processed that I had a baby a few days ago

Just popping back to update: our yellow bump turned blue! Dominic James Robert was born 26/2/16 at 11:02pm after a long failed induction (I was in hospital from 22nd!) I dilated to 10cm on the drip but the contractions fizzled out and after 2 hours pushing I had an emcs though I was able to have the spinal and be awake plus Dominic was doing ok so it was quite a positive experience considering. Recovery is proving tough though, good job these babies are worth it! ;)

Congratulations Buttercup! I hope recovery starts going better for you!!

I just realised i never announced my boys arrival on here!
He was born on the 24th of Feb and named him Dexter August
I had my labour start naturally but then it stopped so the next day they induced me at 5pm i was like 2-3cm when they broke my waters. They put me on the drip a couple hours later and by 11pm i was in intense pain and asked them to check me and i was only 4-5cm :growlmad: was not happy started almost having a panic attack and was yelling for a epidural. But the guy who did them was in theater so couldnt come. They turned off the drip to make it less intense for me and then gave me some pethadine. Then at exactly 1am he was born. The anethitist actually came into the room as his head just came out and was like oh i guess im not needed anymore. Hahaha. But then everything was going fine till 5am when i started getting after birth pains and they kept getting worse and then realised i had blood up my back so i got rushed down to theater and they found my uterus wasnt ccontracting so they had to scrape the blood clots out that hd formed and put a balloon thing up there to help it relax and stop bleeding. Was such the scariest thing in my life, thought i was gona die. Had to spend a couple days in the high dependancy area but we were home when he was 5days old. Everyone said i recovered so well. Still extra tired but slowly getting my energy back. Loving my little guy, he def makes it all worth it but def not planning any more kids after this. Oh and he was a 9pound 7, so not a little falla :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations to the last few mommies making announcements! My baby girl is 3 weeks today! The time, it does fly!

Yep, Ben is a month old on Saturday... I can't quite get my head around that!

How is everyone getting on now the babies are all here and settled in? 90% of the time Ben is a fairly easy baby to please, but when he's unhappy he *really* lets me know about it :rofl: Although we tried out a Swaddle Pod last night and we had the best nights sleep yet! 8pm-8am with two 10 min feeds at 2 and 5:30am :) He was much calmer and easier to settle with his arms pinned, he's usually flailing around all over the place and is constantly waking himself up banging the bars of his crib :roll:

Elijah is just over one month old. We are practicing holding our head up during tummy time. As for sleep; I swear he sleeps all the time...sometimes I feel bad, but I am sure he will grow out of it quickly. His big brother is just smitten with him...gets his pacifier when he is crying, runs and tells us he is crying, he goes around saying "aww baby Elijah" and "Baby Elijah so cute" along with "Baby Elijah is so small".

I have two amazing boys <3

Attachments

• DSCF4206.jpg
    DSCF4206.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4220.jpg
    DSCF4220.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4235.jpg
    DSCF4235.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF4036.jpg
    DSCF4036.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh wow, I'm jealous about all that sleep and I thought Teddy wasn't doing too badly. But he's up every 2.5-3 hours and often takes about 1.5 hours to settle at nights. That's the hard part when he's up from 3.30am until 5am and then our daughter wakes up at 6am for the day. I mostly survive on 5 hours of broken sleep but seem to have gotten used to it now. But hoping Teddy will start sleeping longer!!

Also he's exactly a month old today :happydance:

Maria, I had exactly the same up until two nights ago! Ben would wake up every 2.5hrs (ish), take ages to feed and then lie awake for an hour or two! Then he'd settle again around 5am just in time for my daughter to wake up :dohh: Swaddling has really helped us, now he's much calmer and only takes a few minutes to have his milk because his arms are pinned and kept out of the way. He's usually batting his bottle away every few seconds because he works himself up into a feeding frenzy :haha:

Spuds - we tried swaddling because it also worked wonders with our daughter but a Teddy absolutely hated it! Also his arms don't seem to be bothering him actually. I'm also breastfeeding and normally BF babies need feeding more often. Although I have some friends who's BF babies went for 8 hours starting from 7 weeks!!

Here's hoping :thumbup:

Spuds - we tried swaddling because it also worked wonders with our daughter but a Teddy absolutely hated it! Also his arms don't seem to be bothering him actually. I'm also breastfeeding and normally BF babies need feeding more often. Although I have some friends who's BF babies went for 8 hours starting from 7 weeks!!

Here's hoping :thumbup:

Im not meaning to show off but Dexters first sleep of the night is normally 5hours, hes done it since about a week and a half, and hes breastfeed so i dont agree with that bf babies need feeding more. My girl was sleeping 10hours at 2months and breastfeed :) we swaddle and he is def quicker to settle. Could you try a couple more times? He myt just need to get use to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->