February Lovebugs of 2016!! 16 pink, 15 blue, 7 yellow

Currently being induced at 40+5... Started pitocin at 8:40. Getting contractions, but they aren't super consistent, and the nurse forgot to check my dilation before she started the pitocin too, so I have no idea if I'm still at 2cm, 80% effaced or not! :shrug:

She checked me at just after 12:30a... Just now at 3cm and still 80% effaced... :shrug::dohh:

Congrats Maria, Red, Spuds, Harleyy and Rebecca! Good luck Rolla and Nenna!

I'm finally home after another week in hospital with high blood pressure and then sepsis. Can't believe alk the drama I've had this time but hopefully that's it for the hospital admissions now. Can't believe I have a 2 week old, doesn't feel like it cause we spent so long in hospital it feels like I've just come home with a brand new baby. She's doing great though :) xx

Good luck Nenna! My second labour was also quite slow (compared to some!). It was a nightmare hearing in just 2cm dilated and then 4cm 2 hours later :nope:

Looking forward to your news.

Hannah - welcome home! Sounds like quite an ordeal for you!

Baby girl arrived safely at 5:00p on the nose February 23, 2016... She weighs 7lbs 15.5oz and is 21in long! She has a head full of dark hair and we are all in love with her!

I had some tearing (ugh) but so far it seems to be feeling better than the episiotomy from last time time by a landslide. Pictures and official name to come soon... Thanks for all the support ladies!

Story below:

Monday 2-22:

7:00am - arrived at hospital for induction
7:20am - settled into room
8:15am - regular IV put in
8:40am - pitocin started

Tuesday 2-23
12:40am - nurse checked me, finally, 3cm and 80% effaced
2:00am - asked for epidural.

(Anesthesiologist had a REALLY hard time getting into my intercostal space to run the epidural... My back has bruising, and the pain was so bad, even with a local, that my contractions stopped until after he finally got th epidural catheter run... Awful!)

3:05am - epidural FINALLY in place
3:40am - Foley catheter put in place and cervix check: 3cm and 80% :dohh:
7:45am - nurse Kelly checked me and upped my pitocin on OB's orders. She checks me and says I'm at 2-3cm and 90% effaced and that I should start moving forward when the OB breaks my waters! :thumbup:
9:15am - I see the OB for the first time! She checks me and says I'm at 4 cm and that she likes to break waters at 5cm or more, so she'll be back in 2.5 hours after she finishes a hysterectomy. She compliments the contraction pattern I'm in and tells me baby will likely arrived this afternoon.
10:30am - nurse checked me... Baby is beginning to drop and I'm at 4-5cm... The nurse says this is an indicator I will have a short pushing stage!
2:00pm - my family arrives for the big arrival!
3:00pm - nurse Kelly says I'm 6-7cm - lots of bloody show! :happydance:
3:40pm - I see OB for the 2nd time... She checks me and accidentally breaks my water even though her purpose was to break my water.
Somewhere between 2:00pm and 4:00pm - I have the epidural guy give me a boost because I'm feeling the contractions!
4:00pm - I'm at 8cm
4:15pm - I'm at 9cm and they call the OB... Should be starting practice pushes soon...
4:30pm - I'm complete and I only get to do one practice push because they can already see baby's head!
4:40pm - the OB comes in and coaches me through 3 contractions... Baby girl is ready!
5:00pm - baby Emma makes her grand entrance! :happydance::cloud9:

Thanks for all the congratulations and well wishes! Baby Emma and I are scheduled to go home as long as everything looks good... I'm healing well, but Emma has dropped from 7lbs 15.5oz to 7lbs 2oz, so they are keeping an eye on her and prepared to recommend supplementing until my milk comes in since she's lost 9% of her body weight... Her bilirubin levels are a little high too, so she may need to come back in a couple days and be put under the lights for jaundice. Other than that, she's perfect! :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 7
Nenna - she's gorgeous! I hope she starts gaining soon and you can start settling into life at home!

<3 <3 <3 congrats, what a beautiful little girl. Hope everything is ok with her weight :flow:

going to meet my baby, waters just went in a huge gush and having strong contractions

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Eep, good luck Daisy! Can't wait for a pic of Zodi :)

My little man turned one week old yesterday, but it feels like he's always been here :cloud9:

image.jpg

Daisy - best of luck! Sooo exciting!

Spuds - he's gorgeous! Ours is 11 days and I also don't remember life without him. How's his sister with him?

Maria - it's crazy isn't it! Phoebe is slowly warming to Ben a little more. Initially she was terrified of his cry so would hide behind the curtain at the first sign of distress from him :haha: She's still nervous but not too bad really. She's found it a struggle when our family have been showering the baby with presents and attention, some have been a little insensitive and have been leaving her out, so I've been over compensating a lot. Not that she's complaining! She's a very good little helper though and loves the idea of being "baby Ben's boss because me his big sister" :rofl:

How are all of the other new big brothers and sisters doing? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->