Fed up and tearful! Indigestion, Nausea and constipation.

Hazybaby84

Reaction score
That's it, I am now so fed up. 6 weeks today and I should be happy as I find out about 5 days ago that my little bean is in the right place and my ovaries and tubes seem clear after a previous ectopic but I can't enjoy anything! I feel so rough and I can't eat or function properly!

Since the day I ovulated I have had indigestion, acid reflux and little bit of heartburn. Thats 4 weeks non-stop. I have now been constipated on and off for over a week, nearly two which I'm having to take lactulose to help with and that's without the extreme fatigue and nausea that's waking me up from 5am.

Has anybody else had all this, this bad and starting this early? Someone please tell me this will get better! I can honestly say if I had this with my dd, I would probabily have thought better of trying for number 2. I know that sounds bad and I know I was spoilt by having symptomless pregnancies previously but I hate feeling so bad constantly, I'm so tired and its causing so many arguments. ;(

A lot of us seem to be suffering bad at the moment, I was crying to my OH saying this is by far my hardest, and at times I wonder why I wanted to go through this again (obviously we know why), This sickness is some thing else though, nothing is helping, I am sleeping from the moment I get in, OH could not even wake me for dinner last night! and forget going to the bathroom! I can go a week with out going, and when I finally do , the absolute pain, has me in tears to the point I am scared of going. far TMI but it made me bleed the other day! Swear I will get piles with this baby!!! lol
Just think a few more weeks, and we move to 2nd timester (the easy one :) ) xx

Thanks yeahuloveme. I hear you on the sleeping, the fatigue is unrelenting but the insomnia that is coming with it is just as bad. I can sleep about 8-10 hours, wake up feel tired after 2 hours and either have a two hour nap or go without but then I struggle either way to get back to sleep until 10-12pm even though my body is screaming out for me to sleep.

A week, jeez! I would by some lactulose, it will at least soften the stools, it may still be a bit painful but it would mean less straining. Tmi I know but I'm a once a day or at least once every other day kind of girl and the pain, nausea and the loss of appetite that comes with it, is too much on top of the unrelentless stomach pain I already have with the indigestion !
Please hope the second trimester hurries up and it all eases up or goes away!

I have the worst head ache today, my first with this pregnancy. Its agony every time I move :( I have had that stuff before WHATEVER you do, do not drink it from the bottle! I thought it wasnt working. OMG I have never been in so much pain in my life, and it was horrific, the smell I was throwing up with it as well (TMI) I think I will ge some from the chemist, and try have a clear out :blush:

Headaches suck, especially when the only thing you can take is paracetamol and use a cold wet flannel. I had a headache 3 days on the trot. They are not nice! 8 weeks and only just having your first headache that is really good! Hopefully it will be your only one. Thankfully I have a measuring cup that came with it, so definitely no drinking from the bottle for me! I know what you mean it does take a few days to kick in and work and in the mean time you don't feel like its doing anything but I find 3 days is the average length of time for it to start clearing out. It's worth it though, I have started to buy tinned prunes and pure prune juice as I don't want to rely on lactulose but I don't want to spend the whole 9 months like this either.

Yep, it can be really awful. My sickness/heartburn/indigestion/tiredness seems to start even before I get a BFP so it really wears me down too. I'm just trying to see these horrible symptoms as positive signs that things are going well with the pregnancy. Was saying to my DH the other day that I can't understand how some women can get to 6 or 8 weeks and not realise they are preg; I knew at 7dpo when I suddenly felt like cr@p!

As strange as it sounds, I've wanted another baby for so long that I'm really trying to enjoy being pregnant and keep reminding myself not to moan to my DH so much about how rubbish I feel. He might be put off another if I go on too much!

Thanks MrsHM, did you have it with your son too? I had nothing with my dd hence if it wasn't for a test I wouldn't of know at all.

As for this little one I have had everything except the constipation since about 1dpo and I found out at 8dpo because of those very symptoms. There was no way to escape knowing this time round.

I wish I could be positive but it's so hard! I know that providing everything goes well with this beanie, this will definitely be my last!

Yes, yes, and yes to all 3. I can't lie down within an hour of eating because the indigestion gets too bad and I feel like all my food is sitting in my throat. Can't eat more than a few bites at a time or the nausea kicks in full force, especially in the afternoon/evening. Have been taking fiber supplements and STILL haven't been able to go to the bathroom. Oye. Hope it eases up soon for all of us.

Briggs apple Cidar vinegar works the best for all that stuff.... I had horrible reflux, indigestion in the beginning and someone told me aBout it... So I took out a shot glass and took me a swig.... YUCK BUT FELT SO MUCH BETTER!!!! Almost within mins.... I promise!!!!

My heartburn has been horrendous since ovulation and I am 4 weeks today. My heartburn sucks, my stomach burns and feels empty and I have already peed 5 times in 3 hours. I have never had such strong symptoms so early and a dark bfp with it. Hmm hope it's not twins but hey I'm up for a challenge....

Thanks MrsHM, did you have it with your son too? I had nothing with my dd hence if it wasn't for a test I wouldn't of know at all.

As for this little one I have had everything except the constipation since about 1dpo and I found out at 8dpo because of those very symptoms. There was no way to escape knowing this time round.

I wish I could be positive but it's so hard! I know that providing everything goes well with this beanie, this will definitely be my last!

Yes, I felt exactly the same with my son and I had forgotten just how awful early pregnancy is!

I hope your symptoms are easing a little...it's catch-22 though cos as soon as they go away we will probably start panicking that something is wrong LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->