Fed up of waking up each day over the toilet

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I know I should be thankful for being pregnant, but I'm so fed up of constantly retching and throwing up, my midwife says its normal and not to worry, but honestly this can't be normal can it?? I've lost 11lbs!! And I've tried everything! But my midwife still won't give me any medication or treatment :(

Are you managing to keep any water down? If your not you will quickly dehydrate and need fluids and medication.

Bring sick constantly is not normal especially if your losing weight!

See you doctor. Your losing more then you can keep in then it's not good for you or baby.

I can keep liquid down sometimes, it depends, I can keep liquid down in the evening but in the morning I have almost no chance, and I wish I could find a new midwife, I live in the UK and don't have a choice of who my midwife is!! I've dropped to 100lbs now, I know baby will take what she/he needs from my body but there's not loads left for me!!

Try b6, it's supposed to work wonders for nausea.

Definitely make an appointment to see your doctor. I was really sick in the first tri and was given meds around week 6-7 for sickness. TBH, they did very little- I was still feeling awfully sick but the physical vomiting did improve. If your not able to keep anything down you can also call your hospital maternity ward triage. If you've had your booking appointment, all these contact numbers will be in your notes. When I rang them, they said that if I didn't see an improvement within 24h then they would admit me for dehydration and HG.

Definitely get a second opinion. :flower:

I suffered from HG in pregnancy #2 I couldn't keep anything down I went to my GP not my MW and got some meds - they helped to a degree in that I could keep some fluids down

I would go to your GP and get some anti-sickness meds

I feel you. There's not a day where I haven't been sick yet and my doctor said as long as I am able to sip water occasionally I don't need medication. I'm so weak all of the time and fed up with it.
I actually got prescribed cyclizine from a different doctor the week before but they made me SO drowsy I only took them a couple of times, then when I went back to the doctors unrelated to the issue my usual doctor went mad and said I shouldn't have been prescribed them and I need to stop taking them and 'ride it out' because I can drink!
I want to wake up on day 1 of second tri feeling like a princess :haha:

Def see your doctor and not the midwife. I'm in the UK too. My midwife doesn't seem to care less about morning sickness or what medication I'm on when I mention it but I just assumed that's not really their area!

I went straight to my doctor at week 6 (before I'd even seen the midwife) and got given Ondanestron. Partly cos I was pretty sick but also as I have a serious vomiting phobia! My doctor was incredibly sympathetic and didn't hesitate to prescribe meds. I'd lost 8 pounds and was quite dehydrated although not dangerously so.

I think the sympathy level of your GP will be dependant on who you see, if you can, try to see a young (maybe female) doctor! Mine was bang up to date with the latest meds and research whereas when I happened to see an elder male doctor in his 60's, he was really nasty about me being on meds and told me I was risking my babies life as I couldn't cope with being sick. This was at the point I'd lost a stone in weight from it all! Clearly more dangerous ..! I cried and my regular doctor actually came and argued with him!

Thank you for the support guys, I'm at work until Friday, I'll see if I can get a doctors appointment and see what they say!! Xx

I hope they will help you. If they don't, the hospital will if you go there because you need fluids. They should also give you some medications to help stop the retching. I've suffered HG in my past 2 of 3 pregnancies and it was no fun. It is easy to get dehydrated. Good luck, hun... I know exactly how you feel :hugs:

I agree with the others, go to your GP. I've spent the past two days at the doctors on IV fluids and antinausea. I've now got a script for ondansatron (and cyclizine but haven't taken it yet) and I can actually get out of bed and I'm starting to eat more than crackers and dry toast. B6 and Metacloprimide did nothing for me. My GP said I don't need to feel this way, there's no medal for putting up with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->