Fed up with doctors/hospitals

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I just need to vent ladies as I'm so fed up of being told different things by doctors, MWs etc.

I saw my MW on fri and she sent me to the hospital as I had high BP and had had a few headaches.

The doctor who I saw on Fri, said if my BP didn't go down by the morning they'd induce me straight away, and if it settled I could go home, but they'd still induce me on or before my due date.

I wasn't too happy about the induction idea, but had got my head round it and was excited I'd be meeting him so soon, and that he'd be here by Christmas.

So they let me go home, and I went back to the DAU today for a BP check. It was stupidly high when I got there (145/105) but after an hour it'd dropped to 138/77. Anyway I have been booked in to see a registrar tomorrow.

The MW at the DAU was really dismissive of me being induced, she said most likely I'd have to go back every other day for monitoring, and they'd see how my BP was (as it settled today). She also said they might just give me BP meds and wait and see.

I'm just so fed up of being told different things, and seeing different ppl. I wish they'd just give me an induction date (now I'm prepared for it) and stop changing thier minds.

Oh mate. Aren't they a nightmare? I am terrified of my local hospital after how they were with me, they made me feel so worthless :'(
When you go and see the consultant tomorrow, be really insistant that you want one straight answer xx

Hi honey, just wanted to say....SNAP! Im in exactly the same boat albeit with a slightly later due date. Just be thankful they let you out! My midwife did my bp at dr's surgery last tues, it was so high I had to get hubby to drive me immediately to the hospital, I was on maternity for several hours on monitors having regular contractions, then i was transferred to a ward and finally got out on friday-bloody nightmare!! Im now on meds for it and it seems to be working. I have to go back to the antenatel unit twice a week at least from now until baby comes, saw a registrar today who was so dismissive you would think id made up last week.. Thursday last week they were talking induction within 7 days, they even did a sweep. Now they are saying that they want me to go naturally and are happy to wait. i think in your case they are hoping you will go into labour very soon as you are full term anyway, i was still preemie last week and there are all sorts of legal things about inducing a preemie babe. So now Im making the most of being back home and keeping my fingers and legs crossed that i wont have either a repeat performance or my waters go over christmas!!

Thanks ladies :)

Babyhaines, I'm rubbish in situations like this, but luckily my sister is here for the day tomorrow (she lives an hour away) and wants to come with me. She's not one to let people fob her off and always speaks her mind!

Hondagirl, I hope your feeling ok after the hospital stay, it's horrible isn't it, I was stuck there for 4 nights at 30 weeks. It's soo annoying when your in there, they are worried and give you worst case possibilities, then once you're out all I get is, it'll be ok...we'll moniter you. So frustrating.

Have been wondering how you got on today.

I hate seeing different MWs and doctors, sometimes wish we could have a designated MW that is there whenever we need her!!

You're so close to your due date that it seems to me more sensible to induce you than making you go in every other day for monitoring and maybe putting you on medication....then again I don't know much about induction so I could be talking complete and utter poop.

Its not like you're under full term so they are trying to keep baby in as long as poss :shrug:

So when are you back there? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->