• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeding 4 weeks old

claudiaivascu

Reaction score
My one month old receives formula because i don't have enough milk. I'm curently taking fenugreek, drinking lactation tea and pumping. My problem is this: during the day, she eats every hour or 45 minutes 1oz maybe 1 and half at a time. During the night she eats 3 oz at 10 pm, 4 oz at 1 am, 3 oz at 3 am and at 6 am starts the hourly feeding. I'm worried about the eating during the day, i thought that they are having 5-7 consistent meals a day, not fractioned like this. What do you guys think? Is anyone going through this?

Every baby is diff. Mine eats every 1.5hrs-2hrs. Sometimes she will do 5oz bottle other times just a few oz. Hv said it's normal she is gaining weight fine. 15oz in just a week. Never lost any birth weight. In the night she will wake ever 2-3hrs. Hoping it gets longer soon. I'm pooped! Lol. x

I've always been told that the baby needs more time between feedings and try not to feed sooner than 3 hours apart. You could try spreading out the feedings a bit. Let LO wait a few minutes longer to feed each time so she realizes its not normal to eat so often.

im not saying to torture her or let her cry endlessly, just extend the feeding 5 mins or so till she is used to it.

Having sed that, if she is eating so little its no wonder she is waning to eat often. try to encourage her to drink more each time. If she falls asleep, wake her up. You may need to undress her or tickle her feet or knees.

I am a foster parent for infants so I get lots of them. One of my current children came to me at 4 days old, under 5 lbs and was eating every 3 hours. The doctor didn't recommend more frequent feedings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->