Feeding less at 12 weeks

Tigerlass

Noahs mummy & TTC NO.2..
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Noah turned 12 weeks today and I'm just wondering if any of you know why he has suddenly stopped feeding less? He used to be having anything between 6 and 8oz per feed every 4ish hours.
But over the last 2 days he's been having less and seems to not enjoy his bottle as much.
Today for example he had:

7oz at 6am
6oz at 10:30am
3oz at 1pm
6oz between 3:30 and 4pm
2oz at 6:30pm

He used to just guzzle a bottle but now isn't.
He's been whinging on and off during the day but it's been more of an attention seeking whinge, He hasn't done any full on crying. He's been alright in himself apart from that, smiling, cooing etc. I phoned the doctor just for some peace of mind and she says it doesn't sound like anything is wrong he may just be coming down from a growth spurt!?

Has anyone else had similar issues with there little one?

Lennie went off his bottles when he had a cold - or also the teats. I have recently changed all his teats to 3+ months and that made a difference. He was getting bored at feeds. What size teat is your LO on? x

It could also maybe the start of teething, I think when this starts it can sometimes hurt to suck on the bottle and will put them off their milk :flower:

He's on number 2 teats, he has been for a couple of weeks now which hes fine with. Teething this early?

My 9 week old is doing the same thing and is eating more frequently. She would have 4 - 5 oz every three hours now it's 2 oz every hour or two. I don't know why.... Wish I could help give some insight, but take comfort knowing your not the only one going through this.

He's on number 2 teats, he has been for a couple of weeks now which hes fine with. Teething this early?

From what I understand the process of teething starts way before any little teeth show through, Ethan started teething at 10 weeks he was chomping on his hands and dribbling loads but didn't actually get his first tooth until he was 7 months.

My HV said that this can happen before a growth spurt. Your little man is due a growth spurt anytime now at 12 weeks/3 months so this could be it. My LO did exactly this last week and i think he must be going through a GS at the mo because he has picked up an extra feed through the night and in the day he is draining 6/7oz bottles every 4 hours. x

Thanks everyone :) Atleast I know he's not the only one thats doing it. Hes been ok today he had 4oz at 6:30am, 5oz at 10:30am and just over 2oz again at 11:30am. I have a feeling its either the growth spurt or it could possibly be the teething as he has been chewing his hands alot lately and dribbling quite a bit...Who knows. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->