feeding problem!

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
Ok so i still really havnt got to grips with feeding summer.

first of all she started off on sma gold, then within a couple of weeks this just wasnt satisfying her, so she went onto the sma hungrier baby food. on both of these milks her poo was very hard and she was stuggling to do it most of the time, plus she kept been really sick. so then we changed her to the aptamil hungrier baby milk, her poos are really soft now (think this is normal?) but she is still been really sick all the time, like all thw while in between feeds she is jus been sick and bringing most of her bottle back up. she is on 5oz at the mo but draining the bottle all the time, when ive taken her to be weighed she has put quite alot of weight on in such a short space of time so the health visitor said she shouldnt really be on anymore than 5 and that i shouldnt be feeding her any less than every 3 hours, but after 2 and ahalf hours she is usually waking for her feed then by 3 hours she is like crying for it so she is starving, she will guzzle the lot so quickly, then it all starts again, her been sick and whinging for ages.

so what im trying to say really is do you think i should put her on more milk then maybe she would go longer, or is she been sick but because her stomach cant hold so much milk so giving her more will make it worse. but surely if she wants i should give it to her??? please help i just dont kno what to do anymore :(

oh hun there is nothing worse than feeding issues and I know because my last 2 children were fussy fussy fussy :roll:

Have you ever thought that Summer may have gastric reflux? Its very common and my last 2 children have had it one severely and one not too bad.
If you have noticed summer to be in any pain between feeds or fighting the bottle & wanting the bottle at the same time then it could be reflux.

I would mention this to your dr to rule it out if nothing else but medication may help.

Or possibly she could be a gulpy feeder and is taking the milk too quick then vommitting or she could be taking too much but 5oz's doesnt sound excessive to me, and I would say if shes draining bottles up the bottle to 6oz.

Her tummy is so small at the minute that she probably wont take any more and will want fed every 2-3 hours, it is relentless but thankfully it doesnt last forever.

You could try slowing her feeding down abit, winding her more in between, changing to a slower teat if shes not on a slow flow teat.

thanks so much, ive heard of reflux but not too sure what it is really as she does fight the bottle and want it at the same time! is there anything i could get for it or is it a trip to the dr's. thanks so much for your reply :)

You're welcome :)

gastric reflux is where there is an imbalance of acid in the babies tummy amking the baby irritable, fussy, and vommiting as well as loads of other symptoms.

Its definitely a trip to the dr where if they think its that, then they can give your baby medication to adjust the acid.

Fighting the bottle can be a classic sign, heres a little list of symptoms to see if any of them ring a bell

https://www.familiesonline.co.uk/article/articleview/595/1/19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->