Feeding / Routine Question

Ratty

Reaction score
Ok, so my boy is currently in the routine below

6:30-7am: Wakes up, has 8 oz bottle
7:30am: Has some rice cereal (only started on Tuesday)
8:30: Naps for +- 1 hour
11am: 8 oz bottle
1pm: Naps for +- 1 1/2 hours
3pm: 8 oz bottle
3:30 Nap +- 45 mins
6pm: 8 oz bottle
7:45pm: Bath
8:15pm: Nap
9:30pm: Wakes up from nap, has 8 oz bottle and goes straight to sleep.

Its great having a nice routine, but I know eventually he is supposed to sleep from +- 7pm - 7am. The question I have is how do I go about changing his routine so that he will eventually go to sleep at 7 and not need the 9:30pm bottle. I realise its a gradual process, but just want to know how and when I should change his routing.
He will be starting on veggies after his 6pm feed from next week.

I hope you guys can help. I never thought I'd have a problem getting my LO out of his routine :)

I dont think it's an absolute MUST that they sleep 7-7. Colton sleeps 10-6/7 and he is happy with it, as am I.
But if its something that you want then like you said, it's just gradual. Getting him to sleep earlier and earlier. However, I dont think you will be able to get rid of the late bottle for awhile. I dont know many babies that will sleep that long wtih out waking for a bottle inbetween. Colton sleeps 9hours at the most, during the night between bottles. (Like I said he falls asleep around 10 with his last bottle, woke up this morning at 6.15-6.30 am and ate 8oz)

I read somewhere on here that you can change it a bit by just bringing the feed (and maybe the feed before it?) forward gradually by like 10/15 mins at a time. Sorry that I can't be more help. Ally has his last feed at 10 and goes til 7.30 sometimes or sometimes he wakes up for a middle feed (less and less now). I'm happy with that for now, but I think I'll want him to go for a little longer in a couple of months!

March Baby, I definitely don't expect him to sleep that long while he is still so young. But if you look at most toddles, they go to bed before 8pm and sleep right through the night. I'd like to eventually get to that.

The lady at the clinic thinks he will have a longer nap between his 6 and 9:30 feed once he starts solids and that I might just let him wake up later and later until eventually he doesn't wake up at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->