Feeding themselves

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
I think Charlotte and Thomas are showing signs that they want to start feeding themselves with their spoons. Other than when we were first weaning them and the odd tantrum they've not been that bothered to hold the spoon. In the last couple of weeks all that has changed and they both have to have their own spoons, often grabbing them en-route to their mouths. The trouble is they have no directional control and the contents of the spoon ends up wanged over their shoulders before they stick the empty spoon in their mouths.

They obviously finger feed but I'm wondering how we go about moving on with this next step. Anyone have any tips? Bear in mind I have an added pressure of two children at once and I guarantee you that they are not supportive and understanding of the other if it means waiting for their own food!

the only thing i can suggest that i did, was u have a spoon they have one.

I was going to say the same thing as Vicky - I had a spoon while Charlie had one. And even though half of it went over his cheek, he managed to get a bit in!!! Oh, and the shorter the spoon, the better - don't try and let them use those long weaning spoons.

get them in their highchairs, cover the floor with newspapers, strip them to their nappies and give them a spoon and a yogurt! thats what I done and very very quickly they mastered that I moved onto a fork and they stabbed food with it! :) This works, very messy to begin with but it works!

Give them a spoon to mess about with and you feed them, it works really well. Also, it may entertain each of them a little whilst you're trying to take it in turns to feed both.

It can be messy! but Bethanie has now mastered it and it's so cute to watch so good luck :)

we tried rhys with a spoon at first and it was hopeless! he really wanted to feed himself but had no co-ordination! so we moved straight onto a fork and i would help him 'stab' the food and then he could easily put it into his mouth without it falling off. now he manages to eat by himself using a fork but is still hopeless with a spoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->